Mumblish's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Guam - So many edits needed. Not able to fix. Help.

Hafa Adai!

Guam is a USA Territory - with many military and US residents passing thru. Google Maps SUCK here. It shouldn't be that way.

Guam needs MANY UPDATES to roads and business and few, if any are getting approved or made.
As a trusted local guide, how can we fix this?

With old MapMaker - these edits could quickly be made and updated...In cases like this, I really miss it.

• There are major roads called "uuu" that should be GU-3
  • There is a new Highway 20 that has been done for a couple years, Still not showing on Google Maps - and the road that does show, is closed. (view-able in Satellite)
  • There are directions that take you MILES out of the way, because the maps don't show you can make a U-Turn, or a U-Turn isn't necessary any more because the divider has been removed.
  • There are important businesses like a large insurance company, that have moved to a new location two months ago (old location and new location ) or stores (Mirage furniture) that are now closed, I've tried a dozen+ time to move or close, I'm rejected with unable to verify, even tho I have included pics, even screenshot from the company website.  Eventually I realized there was a dozen of the exact same pic posted on their Google Map profile!
  • Many roads are completely unnamed - I've tried the trick of scrolling to USA, add a road name and scroll back to Guam - it doesn't seem to work.

How do we fix this? How can we fix Guam! 

Matthew
Local Guide Level 8

Guam
2 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Guam - So many edits needed. Not able to fix. Help.

Hello @Mumblish,

As you have found, Google is currently not able to accept most edits in Guam.  I'm afraid that there is no way to bypass the current restrictions.

• i've tried the trick of scrolling to USA, add a road name and scroll back to Guam - it doesn't seem to work.

Please do not use any workarounds unless they are approved by Google.  Workarounds simply create bad data.  When a workaround is used you could see your data suddenly removed, suddenly appearing incorrectly, or cause issues to other features.  Using workarounds also puts your account at risk.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 8

Re: Guam - So many edits needed. Not able to fix. Help.

Hafa Adai @Flash

Thanks for the prompt reply.  I haven't been on the boards much, nice to see you're still around taking care of us!! 

Thanks for all your work.

I realize Guam is a small presence on the global scale, but is part of the USA, so really would be great to get caught up to standards we are used to seeing.

Thanks again!