Anonymous's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Google keeps messing up the address

I have sent Feedback and told them the name of the roads, but months and years go by with no updates to the map.  People reply on Google for directions, but when it rejects/ignores feedback from local people then they have to resort to giving addresses like this on their website. I have a list of local businesses who ALL have the same problem with Google and this is the only reason I signed up as a Local Guide.  But I am now at Level 5 and still having my work rejected and ignored, so I honestly see no point in beating my head off a brick wall any longer.  At least on other platforms, they are actually willing to make the effort to fix problems, with Google they just don't care about this part of the world. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

The one in the field is like that because there is no real address for that entry and it appears to be centred on the area. Whoever added that didn't include enough information when they did it.

You can use Suggest an edit to move that map marker to the right place. There is no point me trying it because I'm so far away my edit would be not applied.

What do you mean it has no real address?  Google has obviously screwed the address up, but it is located in Middletown, County Armagh. That's 40 odd miles to the east of this position, you can see it on StreetView here - https://goo.gl/maps/8K86Vb8MLbP2

I did use the Suggest an edit and moved it to the correct place, but as usual it will sit being "reviewed" for a month or so and get rejected like all the others.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok maybe not 40 miles, but if you trust Google's routing engine it says it is 25 miles away.  https://goo.gl/maps/9cCWAozgDFU2

Either way, it is still wrong, misleading and totally unacceptable to be publishing to the world that a shop exists in the middle of an open field.