Anonymous's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Google keeps messing up the address

How do I stop Google messing up the address?  Every time I submit a correct address, they always seem to have to mess it up in some weird way.

For example: 

14 Derrylea Road, Drumlone, Newtownbutler, Co Fermanagh BT92 8DG 

Becomes:

14 Derrylea Road, Drumlone, Newtownbutler, Co 8DG, Enniskillen BT92, United Kingdom 

Which is total non-sense!  This seems to be happening to every edit I make and is getting very annoying now.

Fermanagh, United Kingdom
22 comments
Level 8

Re: Google keeps messing up the address

hi @Anonymous

sometimes I also experience the same thing.

then i only can pick location near the place that I'm headed to.

but i mean, nobody perfect right, even program. 😄

but gmaps really helpfull isn't it.

Best Regards

Rizki Putra

Anonymous
Not applicable

but gmaps really helpfull isn't it.

Not sure if that is sarcasm or not.  But no, I don't find GMaps helpful in regards this kind of thing.  Retaining and publishing incorrect information, despite being told it is wrong and being provided with the correct information is just stupid and incompetent.  

How do you ever expect people to trust directions and addresses when they are wrong and lead to people getting lost?

Level 8

hi @Anonymous

yes but, that why there is local guide program.

to help to correct the wrong information, also share information by facts.

hope in the future all the information will be corrected.

Best Regards

Rizki Putra

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes but, that why there is local guide program.

to help to correct the wrong information, also share information by facts.

I am trying to help by correcting it.  But they won't listen to me and keep changing it and messing it up!  It is a total waste of my time and energy if they won't correct it.  

Level 2

Did you try shorter addresses? (it is not your fault)

Hi Friend Clive (Jordan?)
I know this is not your fault.   Did you try:  Abbreviate all of the words you can like street and road with RD, UK, the problem seems to be that the new addresses are larger in characters.  In your case it seems to HAVE TOO MANY NAMES inside other names, how can that be possible?? Is Not logical.   But it could be streets inside other streets.
And prove it with some photos of STREET SIGNS and written documentation with the new addressed published.   I mean what else could we do? Google does not have a monitor person or clerk who can verify what we say as true.   We have to prove it.   Addresses are serious issues, people might lose their lives for a mistake in an address.     Plz Check my Digital Magazine

Clive is wirght about the address, check the link he sent me https://lpsni.gov.uk/vListDCV/propertydetails.asp?display=945337
Sorry Clive, I didn't imply this was your fault.   I verified the problem is exactly what I calculated, the data needs to be created before being corrected because it doesn't exist in the google map.  According to the uk google map THE WHOLE DATA NEEDS TO BE ENTERED, like the entire Derrylea Road, it doesn't exist in the map, Derrylin is the only word close to Derrylea in Ireland, There are other places named DERRYLEA also in Ireland, also Drumlone and Newtownbutler seem different places, and not one inside another.  But at least I discovered UK have a problem with too many divisions for the address like:

Sub-building Name :  
Building Name : 
Building Number :14  
Primary Street :Derrylea Road  
Primary Locality : 
Townland :Drumlone  
Town :Newtownbutler  
Post Town :Enniskillen  
County :FERMANAGH  
Postcode :BT92 8DG  
UPRN :187524639

Google UK needs o create all of these DATA FIELD ENTRIES for your UK addresses.   Did you request it yet?  It is a chance.
And again,  Clive, I'm sorry to make you feel like this is your fault.  It was not.  My Best Regards

Level 2

Hi Friend Clive (Jordan?)
Sorry, I know this is not your fault.  I did not mean undermine your efforts or  discredit your data.  
On the other hand,  I did check the link he sent me https://lpsni.gov.uk/vListDCV/propertydetails.asp?display=945337
Sorry Clive, I didn't imply this was your fault.   I verified the problem is exactly what I calculated, the data needs to be created before being corrected because it doesn't exist in the google map.  According to the uk google map THE WHOLE DATA NEEDS TO BE ENTERED, like the entire Derrylea Road, it doesn't exist in the map, Derrylin is the only word close to Derrylea in Ireland, There are other places named DERRYLEA also in Ireland, Drumlone doesnt even have roads on the map. also Drumlone and Newtownbutler seem different places, and not one inside another but they appear inside Enniskillen which seems to be correct.  But at least I discovered UK have a problem with too many divisions for the address like:

Sub-building Name :  
Building Name : 
Building Number :14  
Primary Street :Derrylea Road  
Primary Locality : 
Townland :Drumlone  
Town :Newtownbutler  
Post Town :Enniskillen  
County :FERMANAGH  
Postcode :BT92 8DG  
UPRN :187524639

Google UK needs to create all of these DATA FIELD ENTRIES for your UK addresses.   Did you request it yet?  It is a chance.
And again,  Clive, I'm sorry to make you feel like this is your fault.  It was not.  My Best Regards

drumlone ireland uk 2.jpgdrumlone ireland uk.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Google UK & Ireland have many addressing problems, but are unwilling to fix them and I am fed up beating my head against a brick wall trying to convince them otherwise.  I have given Google Maps the correct addresses, and they keep changing them into non-sense which is of no use to anybody.  I'm not willing to waste any more time on this issue.  As far as I'm concerned Google Maps suck in this area and would never recommend anyone use it for directions or navigation as you will get lost!

Connect Moderator

Hi @Anonymous I'm sorry you seem to be having problems and also sorry that the replies given to you were not very useful. I can't find that address on Maps - can you please open the address in Maps and use Share from the side panel to post a link into a reply. My suspicion is the address is too complex and Maps is having trouble deciphering the entry but that is only a guess. Have you tried putting it in without the postal code?

I'm also going to move this to the Maps board as you're more likely to get a proper answer there.

Regards Paul

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PaulPavlinovich

This is the problem! You can't find about 90% of our addresses on Google Maps, only ones in large towns.  

Thanks for your time trying to help me, but I have decided to move on, as this problem is not going to be resolved by Google any time soon. I am fed up wasting my time researching the correct addresses only for them to be rejected or corrupted into non-sense by Google Maps.