AndreiSav's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Google Timeline - incorrect data stored

Hello everyone,

Im having a problem with Google Timeline. It didn't registered some of my flights and travel I've done last year. 

I tried to add manually, but seems like it recognizes me into a place I couldn't be into.

So on 15th January 2017 I've been to Beijing and Google Timeline just see a point for that day which is Romania (my home country). I tried to manually insert the places i've been into in that day, but Google automatically add as a intermediate point Romania. So on that date instead showing me into a train from Beijing to Shanghai, it shows me a flight from Beijing to Romania and then Romania to Shanghai.

Could be related that Google Services are not available in China?

How can I solve this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Andrei. 

2 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Google Timeline - incorrect data stored

Hi @AndreiSav,

Thanks for reaching out and we are sorry for your bad experience. You can see how to view or edit your timeline here depending on your device. 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Connect Moderator

Re: Google Timeline - incorrect data stored

Hi @AndreiSav your timeline would not likely update within China unless you had a VPN on your phone. It would however record your travel while offline with GPS coordinates. I could not tell you how long Maps will record your timeline without being able to connect to the back end so I don't know if it would be able to manage your entire trip. For whatever portion it did keep it should have updated once you were able to reach the back end services.

I see that Nadya has given you the details of how to manually edit your timeline. You can do that on phone and computer.

Regards Paul