DEFCON1's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Google Maps wrong & no one can correct

So frustrated with Google Maps - our house has been badged incorrectly.

On our road there is a house called 'The Fairways' and our house called 'Fairway House' - they are .5 mile apart.

No matter what we do google maps says 'we are not updating in your area' (probably because our road is un-adopted)

so post, deliveries, take-aways, out of towners - everything goes wrong every day and we have to call or guide people in

Is there any way we can fix this??

Springfield Road, Camberley GU15 1AB, UK
4 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Google Maps wrong & no one can correct

Hi @DEFCON1

We are sorry to hear that you faced some problems with Google Maps. What we can suggest you is to try editing the place that you have mentioned. Our goal is to keep the information on Google Maps as fresh and accurate as possible. In order to do that, Local Guides submit edits to ensure their communities are accurately represented. Sometimes, an edit you have submitted may appear as Pending or Not Applied.

Many of you have asked why your edit is shown that way, so we wanted to share more information with you how edits are reviewed and why they may appear as such.

Every edit submitted to Google Maps is either reviewed by an automated systems, local operators, or both, to ensure changes follow our guidelines.

If we are not sure the edit is accurate, it may be listed as Denied. If your edit status is listed as Pending, it means we need to take a closer look at the information, which can take some time to verify through our staff and other users through "Check the Facts".

Thank you for helping to keep Google Maps fresh and accurate for the millions of people who rely on your information when they’re exploring the world.

Also, in order to receive a major exposure, I have moved your post into the Mapping your World board.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 3

Hi - it does not matter what I try to edit it will not allow me to correct it. Something so simple and yet one of the most advanced platforms on the planet cannot do it - help help help please google !

Connect Moderator

Hello @DEFCON1,

Editing of individual addresses was available in a previous advanced editing tool, but that tool was retired as it was old technology.  Advanced editing is being added to Maps.  At this time adding an address is a new feature that so far is only available in the Android app and only within the India, Canada and the US.

Most addressing within Maps is in place via local governments submitting their electronic mapping data to Google.  If your local government were to do so then your place would be mapped without waiting for the addressing tool to include the UK.

Someone made a fake location to add The Fairways, that was not an actual address point.  As such I've deleted the feature.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 9

Contact your local council  (ask for the GIS department) and ask it to submit current information about your house to Google Maps. Mention this web page that explains how local councils can submit their data:  http://maps.google.co.uk/help/maps/mapcontent/basemap/

Nigel Allen
Toronto, Ontario, Canada