ColJordanP's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Google Maps is Taking too Long!

I have multiple edits that have been waiting for weeks for "others" to approve.

1.  FedEx Ship Center 151 East Main Street Ste 5 Unit 1, Hazard, KY, 41701

2.  FedEx Ship Center 630 Big Hill Avenue Ste 4 Unit 1, Richmond, KY 40475

I tried to post the links but the links would not work when posted on this forum, but I do not understand why it takes so long to get something approved by "others."

Any help and assistance would be greatly appreciated, all you have to do is login, paste the address into Maps and approve it.

This is been going on for months.

16 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: Google Maps is Taking too Long!

This is definitely not "off topic" and this is my thread, you are free to stop responding. Thank God iPhone uses Here and others use Bing and other mapping services.

Then all places called FedEx Ground need to be removed. FedEx Ground is contracted, in Central Kentucky it is Somerset Ground Delivery, Inc. but we are required to be called "FedEx Ground," and "FedEx Ship Center," respectively. Additionally, all hotels are independently owned and operated so delete the franchise names and call them by the corporation names that own them! 

Big-Hill.jpg

View solution in original post

Level 9

I checked the status of the edits, they are pending Google moderation so nothing I can do as a regional lead.

Level 10

Using the addresses, I was able to look up both of these listings in Map Maker (links below).

Both edits have been flagged for Google Moderation. This means any Regional Lead in this forum will not be able to approve them. Since the first one was only entered on October 17, and the second on October 4, neither has had time to run the course with Google. Currently Google Moderation edits can take upwards of 5 weeks to be handled (Regional Lead requests can be escalated at one week), so you will need to be patient.

If, after sufficient time has passed, you can request escalation. For instructions on doing so, please visit Creating an Effective Review Request in the Map Maker Product Forum (that forum is where you'll be making the review request as well). The instructions post will also be updated with queue times as they change.

One thing I note in both of your edits is the use of "Ste" in the address. Because of Google's Text To Speech systems in Maps and other tools, it is common practice to spell out every word. If Google deems it necessary for visual presentation, their systems will abbreviate appropriately.

@ColJordanP wrote:

1.  FedEx Ship Center 151 East Main Street Ste 5 Unit 1, Hazard, KY, 41701

2.  FedEx Ship Center 630 Big Hill Avenue Ste 4 Unit 1, Richmond, KY 40475

M. W. Jones -- Former Map Maker Regional Lead, United States
Level 8

Thank you for the reply.

This is one of them if you do not mind looking, my Google Maps Community Leader ignores it on purpose:

https://mapmaker.google.com/mapmaker?gw=55&editids=MczFBKu1lXj1TtAzf6

Level 8

Thank you. These have been pending for over a month. Any suggestions?

Connect Moderator

As already stated these have been flagged for Google moderation, so no, your Regional Lead is not ignoring you.  Your RL cannot review this feature.

As these are not even a month old yet, they will not have made it to the top of the Google moderation queue.  The current queue lengths and what you can do if they are exceeded can be found at https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/map-maker/hHEUG7VKthU/NaT5-1ewAgAJ.

Please note that words like "Suite" and "Unit" are not permitted in the Address Line, you are to use preferably numbers only though numbers plus the # sign will be accepted.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 10

@ColJordanP this edit was only entered on October 4th (and a second edit on October 14th). As I said previously, edits requiring Google Moderation are currently running a 5 week average turnaround time (some less, some more). These may have ended in Google Moderation due to a recently discovered bug (see this discussion here), and reports are that Google is turning those around fairly quickly (what quickly is I'm not sure). When an edit goes into Google Moderation queue, it does not appear in the Regional Lead queue, so your regular Regional Lead was probably unaware of it, not ignoring it.

In the case of this edit, the earliest you could submit an escalation request would be November 8th (5 weeks from October 4th, as per Creating an Effective Review Request).

Col JordanP wrote: 

This is one of them if you do not mind looking, my Google Maps Community Leader ignores it on purpose:

https://mapmaker.google.com/mapmaker?gw=55&editids=MczFBKu1lXj1TtAzf6

M. W. Jones -- Former Map Maker Regional Lead, United States
Level 8

Yes, that was yet another edit. But not the first, this was originally submitted in June. As one of the other locations was deleted by a local person in February stating they didn't like the name (as of that is any of their business).

Connect Moderator

There are no outstanding edits from June.  In fact, there are no outstanding edits outside of those made this month.

The naming you are attempting is against guidelines.  If the name of the place is "Impact Global" then that is all that should be in the name field.  Descriptors such as "Fedex Ship Center" are not permitted, and places named as such get cleaned up by spam fighting mappers all the time.

I see that you have not removed the inappropriate words from your address edits either.  The cannot be approved as you have entered them.

You have been given the document to follow, when you meet the requirements outlined in it please do create a new escalation in the Map Maker forum.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 8

I just emailed my attorney to send a letter to Google Maps. Impact Global - FedEx Ship Center in Suite 4 - Unit 1 IS THE OFFICIAL NAME OF THE BUSINESS. You cannot change legal contracts nor the laws of the Commonwealth of Kentucky once a business name is approved and also included in a contract.