cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Google Maps does not allow to add existing museum

@AnuradhaP wrote:

Maritime Archaeology Museum belongs to the Central Cultural Fund and their website is broken.  

You may have answered your own question. It was stated above that different phone numbers and URLS were provided, yet one website is broken. Providing a link to a broken website is certainly reason to get a Not Applied.

Btw wikipedia (a guide only, not an authoritative tome) suggests there aren't two places but one was created out of the other in 2010? 

Level 10

@Pea No, website broken means only the link to the Maritime Archaeology Museum section. I will speak to them and update the details.

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hi @AnuradhaP,

Because the names of the museum are really similar and people had previously named the Maritime Museum as Maritime Archaeology Museum before, our system wasn't allowing you to add to avoid duplicates and/or spam.

As you clarified the difference, I create a new POI for the museum so everyone can contribute now - https://goo.gl/IhviQI

😃

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages.
Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Level 8

That explains a lot!

When I open the Maritime Museum, Maps is asking if it's Name should be Maritime Archaeology Museum.

@AnuradhaP lots of photo and review clean  up needed ahead.  Thank you very much for reporting and making Maps better for everyone.

Level 10

@GusMoreira Thank you. This will help a lot of tourists. 

Level 10

@YK1001 Yes, It will get more reviews and photos in few days. I informed the authorities of museum to add photos.

Level 8

@AnuradhaP, for clean up, I mean for the photos and reviews  of Maritime Archaeology Museum that already attached to the Maritime Museum.

Which they became not relevant to the place, like this https://goo.gl/maps/BbxEV7aWbvq .

Level 9

@GusMoreira thank you very much on this issue and we are really happy to see the Maritime Archaeology Museum in Galle 🙂

Level 7