RoySteele's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Google Maps Edits Frustrating

I get very frustrated when I suggest an edit to a local business or place, and because I'm attuned to what's happening in my area, I'm often the first person to suggest a change and the edit is rejected. 

Case in point...The Quality Inn Palm Springs is changing the name of their hotel, and the hotel chain they are affiliated with. It is now the Travelodge by Wyndham Palm Springs.

Same business, same hotel owners, same location, same employees, same decor, etc. Someone reported the business as closed and it was shown as closed on Google Maps.

I have screenshots reflecting the name change but cannot submit them. It's silly ridiculous frustrating and just plain dumb. 

I don't know if I'm venting or asking for guidance, but I do know that I'm going to stop suggesting edits.

1269 East Palm Canyon Drive, Palm Springs, CA, USA
1 comment
Connect Moderator

Re: Google Maps Edits Frustrating

Hello @RoySteele, do you know if that hotel has been claimed on Google maps? That gives business owners much more control over their data.

You might find this related blogpost interesting:

https://janvanhaver.com/2017/10/22/why-you-need-to-claim-your-company-on-google-maps/

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply