Arif-BDLG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Google Maps 3D building effect doesn't work on Android

Hello my dear friends,

Why Google Maps 3D building effect doesn't work on my Android phone?

I swipe the map above by two finger but can't see even a 3D building.

7 comments
Level 8

Re: Google Maps 3D building effect doesn't work on Android

Hii @Arif-BDLG

Can you provide more information regarding this issue

Please share the location of 3D building

Or some Screenshots.

Level 8

Level 4

@Arif-BDLG Hey there. I don't believe it's a problem with your phone/Android. I looked at the same spot/intersection on my phone and didn't see anything. Although nearly the entire world is on Google Maps, they have not fully updated and integrated the 3D features or HQ (High Quality) images yet. I live near Chicago, Illinois in the United States and there are even some parts of the towns near me that do not have the 3D function yet, while others nearby do.

Check out this spot and let me know if you can see the 3D effect here. Tokyo Dome in Japan
It's a well-known dome in Tokyo and when I checked, the 3D effect worked for me. Anyway, I hope my reply helped you out.

Level 8

No issue problem here on Samsung Tablet Android

Screenshot_20170617-082949.png

Swiss | Switzerland | Suisse francophone Level 8 : visitez moi Ne passez pas à coté d'un J'AIME et marquer les réponses comme solution. Android|Jean-Luc|Suisse romande|Switzerland french speaking area|Google Maps Local Guide Level 8 https://goo.gl/maps/HuzFUEBbgtt
Level 10

Hi @Arif-BDLG, to my best understanding, the 3D layer is not visible on mobile. Here is the help center article where it exclusively talks about "computer" only. On my android (Samsung Galaxy S 7) there is a menu option in Maps that launches Google Earth as a separate app which works how you described but not inside Maps. 

My city is in 3D but cannot view it on my phone (@Lémanique - a tablet may be different?) nor any of the known 3D examples or in fact the Tokyo Dome, @Kiotsu.

Level 8

Visible ici sous Android Galaxy TabA AND Galaxy S5 mini.

Mais il faut glisser avec les 2 doight pour afficher la carte à 30•

Gaieus a écrit :

Hi @Aforarif, to my best understanding, the 3D layer is not visible on mobile. Here is the help center article where it exclusively talks about "computer" only. On my android (Samsung Galaxy S 7) there is a menu option in Maps that launches Google Earth as a separate app which works how you described but not inside Maps. 

My city is in 3D but cannot view it on my phone (@Lémanique - a tablet may be different?) nor any of the known 3D examples or in fact the Tokyo Dome, @Kiotsu.

Swiss | Switzerland | Suisse francophone Level 8 : visitez moi Ne passez pas à coté d'un J'AIME et marquer les réponses comme solution. Android|Jean-Luc|Suisse romande|Switzerland french speaking area|Google Maps Local Guide Level 8 https://goo.gl/maps/HuzFUEBbgtt
Level 8

The problem has been solved. Thanks for your opinion