Pea's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Re: Florists Scam in London

@Pea I have confirmed that your email was handled, responded to and investigations are continuing. Thanks!

Level 7

Good work Sir.

Level 9
Level 9

@petocsaba wrote:

Well, at least it seems that I have been successful at reporting this business as "permanently closed".

As I suspected this has now been reopened. So the scam continues and Google Map users will be ripped off when online flower orders fail to arrive or are of poor quality.

Marking these fake business as 'Permanently closed' may be technically the correct procedure, but it is entirely pointless against these scammers. They have gone to considerable trouble to set up this fake network of shops and dozens of fake LG accounts, so it's very easy for them to reopen listings. 

This network needs serious Google intervention to kill all the shops and LG accounts.

Level 8

"The correct procedure" in this case is anything but.
Report as spam and post links here if needed so we can help too.

Level 9
Level 9

@StefanoL wrote:

Report as spam

If you want to report a Claimed business as spam go ahead but you'll probably get a Not Applied and a hit to your trust rating

Trying to tackle this scam in a piecemeal fashion isn't the answer. I gave Google all the details of the LGs and shops weeks ago. The reply I received was, we will look into these users and listings and take the appropriate action. Time will tell what action is taken and when.

Level 8

I gave Google all the details of the LGs and shops weeks ago. The reply I received was, we will look into these users and listings and take the appropriate action. Time will tell what action is taken and when. 

There's your problem 😉

Level 8

@PhilipF wrote:
If you want to report a Claimed business as spam go ahead but you'll probably get a Not Applied and a hit to your trust rating

Also i don't get your fear of reporting something as spam. I generously (but carefully) dish them out in my areas and never encountered a single issue.

Level 9
Level 9

Unclaimed spam, I'll agree, is easy to report with little problem. You've reported Claimed (ie Verified) businesses as spam and never had a Not Applied?

Level 8

@PhilipF wrote:

Unclaimed spam, I'll agree, is easy to report with little problem. You've reported Claimed (ie Verified) businesses as spam and never had a Not Applied?

Ah, i see your point now 🙂

Level 7

Thanks @Pea

I followed the link in your original post and its open (still/again).!

I also followed through one of the reviewers other posts and saw my local in Putney was also on there.

Putney Florists
67 Upper Richmond Rd, London SW15 2SZ
020 3589 1505 (that was never their phone number)

https://goo.gl/maps/K73M241gep22

This has been closed since last year as i pass there all the time.  Also anyone can just ask the station newsagent and will say the same.

I have seen a couple of recent customer reviews for this place that look like they got hit by this scam.

I have marked the place as closed and will see what google does.

Its a simple and not overly complex scam.  The solution however may not be.  Racking my brain for what could be proactive rather than reactive options....