AtmaR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Few Additions in Google Maps Asks for Label

While adding few places, I have seen that few places after adding, asks for entering label. What is it? I wanted to add photos of the places and it asks to enter labels.

Atma Ram
8 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Few Additions in Google Maps Asks for Label

@AtmaR Are you talking about the ability to add a private lable to a place? This only shows up for you, its like customizing the Map for yourself. I often do this for events or a friend's house. 

Screen Shot 2016-07-19 at 6.53.06 PM.png    Screen Shot 2016-07-19 at 6.53.42 PM.png     Screen Shot 2016-07-19 at 6.54.22 PM.png

View solution in original post

Level 8

Can you include some screenshot here?

If possible, include the URL for the places that you are editing.
Level 10

Well... I dont what happened now.. It is solved. I thought of sharing the link for you and when I went to the Place for sharing the Link, now it is showing normal and letting me add the photos. 🙂

Atma Ram
Level 6

I have seen this as well. I think the labels are the same thing as the questions you answer. If you answer "yes" to the question it adds that label to the business. Examples questions such as:

Wheel chair accessible

Wheel chair seating

Patio

Outdoor seating

I've noticed that the tags are the same as the yes answers to some of those questions.

I think there are some articles around adding labels to a placeLabeled places show up on your map, in search suggestions, and in the "Your places" screen.

Solution

@AtmaR Are you talking about the ability to add a private lable to a place? This only shows up for you, its like customizing the Map for yourself. I often do this for events or a friend's house. 

Screen Shot 2016-07-19 at 6.53.06 PM.png    Screen Shot 2016-07-19 at 6.53.42 PM.png     Screen Shot 2016-07-19 at 6.54.22 PM.png

Level 10

Yup CorriD this is what it was showing when  I added a place. But after an hour or so, it started displaying normally and all the links like Add Photo, Review etc... Which I wanted. So now there is no issue I have.

Atma Ram
Level 6

Hi CorrieD

There is another place that has tags/labels that, I think, is not private.

If I open up your maps and select the business, sometimes, I get get this option (below the Call/Save/Website and above it's details) for "Know what features this place has?" 

If I select that, it opens a window for "Describe this place" which are tags that correspond to questions that are often asked. I don't always see this option, but luckily enough I saw that today and remembered this thread.

P.S. How do you insert pictures in this forum?

Level 9

P.S. How do you insert pictures in this forum?

@F1ldor if you use the Rich Text option when posting you'll have a button available to insert a photo:

2016-07-31_15-03-11.png