NajibA's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Ethiopia: I started local guides community

I started local community in Eastern Ethiopia. My mission is to improve mapping and share places. The reason is simple: many places in my area are not on the maps. I feel it is my obligation to contribute improving the mapping.

I am also new to such activities. I am hoping it is exciting. I welcome all advice.

Dire Dawa, Ethiopia
8 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Ethiopia: I started local guides community

@NajibA HI ..

Its a great work ..Go on...........

AT first u can increase your community member , increase your local guides points or level ...

It will inspire more to work ...

invite your nearby friends to join with you at your community ... 

How u can be a complete local guides Read this help   post.

Its a complete solution about Local guides ...

Former Google Contributor

Hello @NajibA.  Welcome to Local Guides and our Connect community forum. We are happy to have you here. Be sure to explore the many sections of the site and check out the conversations happening among our Local Guides. 

Please feel free to share a link to your community so other people can find it and join it 🙂 

Tips for getting started:

This section of the site has some good tips on how to use the community and interact with your fellow Local Guides. 

• Search the community before posting as others may have asked your question (and received an answer) already. 
  • Use a descriptive title for your post to make it easier for people to know whether they should open it. 
  • Use the Location field to geotag your post to a specific place, but make sure its important to the content of the post.  
  • Don't share personal information on the forums, check out the private messaging option instead. 
  • This area has helpful information about the Local Guides program in case you have more questions. 

Level 7

@MD ShafiulB wrote:

@NajibA HI ..

Its a great work ..Go on...........

AT first u can increase your community member , increase your local guides points or level ...

It will inspire more to work ...

invite your nearby friends to join with you at your community ... 

How u can be a complete local guides Read this help   post.

Its a complete solution about Local guides ...

Thank you very much

Level 7

@CorrieD wrote:

Hello @NajibA.  Welcome to Local Guides and our Connect community forum. We are happy to have you here. Be sure to explore the many sections of the site and check out the conversations happening among our Local Guides. 

Please feel free to share a link to your community so other people can find it and join it 🙂 

Tips for getting started:

This section of the site has some good tips on how to use the community and interact with your fellow Local Guides. 

• Search the community before posting as others may have asked your question (and received an answer) already. 
  • Use a descriptive title for your post to make it easier for people to know whether they should open it. 
  • Use the Location field to geotag your post to a specific place, but make sure its important to the content of the post.  
  • Don't share personal information on the forums, check out the private messaging option instead. 
  • This area has helpful information about the Local Guides program in case you have more questions. 

Corrie,

Thank you very. Although I was contributing to Google maps, I was lost in the middle and was not able to come back to this discussion. Somhow managed again today to come back here. The links you provided are helpful. I am looking forward getting familiarity and contribute more. Many thanks

Connect Moderator

@NajibA hi 

Why u mark your answer as a solution .. this is Irrelevant .. 

So i suggest u to remove your mark .. 

U may mark others replay as a solution if they post any helpful idea for you.

Follow my instruction ... unmarked your post 

NOT A SOLUTION ...JPG

Level 7

Hi! I didn't know how it happen and what it meant. Like a toddler am just getting familiarity. Thanks man.

@MD ShafiulB wrote:

@NajibA hi 

NOT A SOLUTION ...JPG

@MD ShafiulB wrote:

@NajibA hi 

NOT A SOLUTION ...JPG

Level 8

Thank you very much for doing that it is the mission of google maps. In Ethiopia we can't find anything in the map at all even in the capital, Addis Ababa, We only find certain places with the contribution of certain local guides, We need many and many local guides for places like this.

Level 7

@SolomonD wrote:

Thank you very much for doing that it is the mission of google maps. In Ethiopia we can't find anything in the map at all even in the capital, Addis Ababa, We only find certain places with the contribution of certain local guides, We need many and many local guides for places like this.

Hi SolomonD! Thanks for the reply and encouragement. Improving the mapping of our area or our local visibility is a responsibility of all of us. it is simple for many of us who have the passion. we can encourage others to do that. many people have now access to the basic tools that smartphones provide. think it is best time so we can start now. If you are in Ethiopia, we can team up. Thank you brother.