ArmendK's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Enter a valid address

Can't add a new place! It says "Enter a valid address" even the address is correct! you can see on screenshot

Screenshot_20170114-100815.png

Prishtina, Pristina District
23 comments
Level 3

Re: Enter a valid address

@ArmendK wrote:

Can't add a new place! It says "Enter a valid address" even the address is correct! you can see on screenshot

Screenshot_20170114-100815.png

Add an Address

An address is used to indicate the location of a feature on Map Maker. You can add physical addresses to make them searchable on maps.

Add an address

1. Click Add New and select Add a Place from the drop-down menu.
  2. Zoom in and drop the marker at the exact location.
  3. Select the category Address from the drop-down menu
  4. Enter the address in the left panel. 
  5. Click Save to finish.

Best Practices

• Enter the complete address for better search results.
  • Don't add any other details (personal or official) for the address except the address itself.
  • Please note that the address is not used to show individual houses. Instead it’s used only for routing. 

Can I add any feature as address?

Always add your feature with the correct category. Example: If you are trying to mark a home business, add it under the category "Home Related Business" instead of "Address." You can then add your house address under the separate category "Address."

(Retrieved from https://support.google.com/mapmaker/answer/1731390?hl=en)

Level 6

Yes, it's not the first i'm adding a place! i'm writing the street correctly as you can see on the map of screenshot! 

I think it is something else! 

Please, somebody help!

Level 6

I think this issue is for all places in my country! I tried to edit an address of an existed place and it said "enter a valid address" 

Please help! With these issues, we can't help Google Map!

Level 10

@ArmendK can you provide a link of this place so that we could understand your problem clearly?

Level 6

@BishowvijayaP wrote:

@ArmendK can you provide a link of this place so that we could understand your problem clearly?

This issue is for every place (you want to edit) and for every NEW place!

So I'm providing with some links as for example!

Artizan

https://goo.gl/maps/FtMjuTbNt6G2

Ma Belle

https://goo.gl/maps/nG3E96QXF7C2

Dit' e Nat'

https://goo.gl/maps/3vGsWfJP17q

Connect Moderator

I was able to successfully edit the first feature in your list, it inappropriately had the GPS coordinates in the address so I updated the address field and was successful in my edit.

Editing was down over the weekend and just returned a few hours ago, perhaps that was the issue.  Please attempt your edits again.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 6

@GreggG wrote:

I was able to successfully edit the first feature in your list, it inappropriately had the GPS coordinates in the address so I updated the address field and was successful in my edit.

Editing was down over the weekend and just returned a few hours ago, perhaps that was the issue.  Please attempt your edits again.

These GPS coordinates are still as an address of this place!

I tried to change it to 'Enver Maloku' as an address but it won't change (check screenshot)

Screenshot_20170116-191316.png

Connect Moderator

The fact that I was able to make an edit does not mean that it will instantly be reflected on the map.  As I stated, I have already made the appropriate edit, there is no need for you to make a further edit.

However, your attempt at an edit does explain your issue.  An address has multiple components to it.  You have attempted to enter an address that is only a street name, and that is invalid, thus why you are getting this message.  You should add the street to the existing address, not replace the address with just the street.

As an FYI, the desktop version of Maps does give more control.  When I removed the GPS coordinates I was then given a suggested address that was correct, all I had to do was select that suggestion and save my edit.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 6

@GreggG wrote:

The fact that I was able to make an edit does not mean that it will instantly be reflected on the map.  As I stated, I have already made the appropriate edit, there is no need for you to make a further edit.

However, your attempt at an edit does explain your issue.  An address has multiple components to it.  You have attempted to enter an address that is only a street name, and that is invalid, thus why you are getting this message.  You should add the street to the existing address, not replace the address with just the street.

As an FYI, the desktop version of Maps does give more control.  When I removed the GPS coordinates I was then given a suggested address that was correct, all I had to do was select that suggestion and save my edit.

There is no such an address on that area " 42°39'08. 21°10'15., 2 Kosova, Praha "  Praha is on PRAGUE not in Kosovo! So i cant't include a street name on the incorrect address (it is not even an address)!

The second issue, this is an exciting place! What about the places you add as a new place?! I tried to give most correct address, like street name, building, neighborhood, city etc but unsuccessful!
Before this issue, i was able to add places just by writing street name (if there wasn't an official address)!