ThomasMcG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Electric Vehicle Charging Stations in Ireland

Morning!

I've spent the past year or so adding Electric Vehicle Charging Stations in Ireland, and while most (600+) are now listed, I'm trying to get some final edits done to improve the consistency of the listings amongst the ecars charge points. Essentially, they are either "ecars Charge Point" or "ecars Fast Charge Point" (per the branding on the units). I've created two lists which ought assist in this (may just be a matter of confirming pending Edits, or suggesting them yourself).

Update (07/2018) - Removed prior links, no longer required.

Regards,

Thomas

Ireland
10 comments
Level 8

Re: Electric Vehicle Charging Stations in Ireland

I'm not familiar with e-car charging so I'm a little confused. Why have you two listening. Is it that one is a faster charger than the other, as the name suggest? Is there different type of connectors?

Also just wondering why are you grouping them together into a list/map? Where is the list/map going to be shared?

I'm only asking so that if I come across a charge point I will add details to help you

Level 9

Yes: chargers vary.

I just made the two lists with their recommended place name for convenience. The full list (shared on an Irish EV group, and which includes these) has 610 entries.

Level 8

Is there an easy way to know what sort of connector/charger it is? 

Level 9

@Stuart wrote:

Is there an easy way to know what sort of connector/charger it is? 

Have suggested it be available for selection in "Amentities", but no, right now (in Ireland anyway) the primary differentiator is the branding on the unit itself so the name usually does indicate whether it's a Fast charger or not - amusingly enough they use Rapid in Northern Ireland for the exact same units (as in, ecars Rapid Charge Point v. ecars Fast Charge Point).

E.g. see photos of ecars Fast Charge Point here https://goo.gl/maps/kdPxBTYZsWA2 versus ecars Charge point here https://goo.gl/maps/6JXZMZrAPZm

Level 8

I agree it should be available as part of the amenities. But that's not what I was trying to ask. If I'm at a charge point what's the easiest way to know what type of charger it is. From what I've read in Ireland we use a standard type connector for all charge points. Is this correct? 

Level 9

@Stuart wrote:

I agree it should be available as part of the amenities. But that's not what I was trying to ask. If I'm at a charge point what's the easiest way to know what type of charger it is. From what I've read in Ireland we use a standard type connector for all charge points. Is this correct? 

Simplistically, if the charge point requires you to attach your own cable to it, it's a Type 2 - these are the majority of chargers.

Due to the varying fast charging standards, most fast chargers have 3 cables connected (Chademo, Fast AC, CCS) - though older fast charging units (and those at some Nissan dealership) typically only offer a Chademo connection.

It is possible to get non-fast charger units with an integrated cable, though they likely aren't public units (certainly won't be ecars units anyway).

Level 9

Update - ecars Fast Charge Points all updated now 🙂 List's been removed as a result. Still two dozen or so ecars Charge Points pending though.

Level 8

Hi Thomas 

your first link in your post is not opening any map for me 

Screenshot_471.jpg

Can you repost your map again please 

Gerry 

Level 9

Couldn't edit original post, though was removed as all were subsequently updated on that particular list.

@GerryW wrote:

Hi Thomas 

your first link in your post is not opening any map for me 

Screenshot_471.jpg