BuddhikaB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Re: Edits not getting approved

Now it is approved and live on google maps. But still looking for adding navigation on the approved rout.

Level 7

I guess you are the person that can get things done.

First of All my street have loads of wrongly labelled areas plus my personal edits are not going live. Between Charity Bus stop and Afariogun Street is "Akin-Lawanson Street not Sadiku street. Then the one labeled as Adedeji is actually "Sadiku street".

Secondly I added "Afariogun Nursery and primary school" it's not yet live. I added Our Hospital but it came in with a wrong address vis "Asa-Afariogun which is a street about 400 meters at Osolo road.

Level 7

re the edit function.

Why and how is it that...

1. An edit suggestion can be summarily dismissed ("not applied") within minutes of my sending the edit -- even though I shared supporting evidence? And then a few days later, my edit was done? (With no credit to me, of course.)

2. An edit suggestion can be summarily dismissed ("not applied") within minutes if my sending the edit -- even though the Maps location is horribly wrong and I provided supporting evidence? (I wrote a review specifically to guide Maps users correctly because Google Maps will not make the correction.)

3. An edit suggestion is still pending, MONTH later - even though my edit suggestions were subsequently made?

Color me curious. Very curious.

Level 5

Hello there,

It is possible that the same edit was pending from someone else. Once the waiting period is finished the edit can appear on the map. At that moment the credit goes to the previous person who left the feedback change.

Thank you

Best Regards

Buddhika

Level 7

I appreciate your reply, BuddhikaB, but...

Are you an employee of Google Maps? No slight intended but I prefer my answers come directly from Google. Users guiding users is tantamount to the blind leading the blind; i.e., you know only as much or little as I know.

Moreover, in the instances I mentioned above, I know indisputably that I was the first Local Guide, the first anyone, to suggest the edits.

Level 10

Pretty much everyone is in the same boat other than some have more experience than others.

I can understand Google's point of view, it is a proprietary algorithm that directly affects its livelihood if it is figured out and manipulated. My experience is if the edits matches some authoritative source e.g. Government website or yellow pages then it will go through. If not then it depends on your level, reputation and other factors to have "secondary inspection" performed. When adding places I just add the basics first, i.e. address and phone number... then other information goes later, the more information searches it has to perform, the more likelihood of further inspections and delays.

Just the experience of someone who have ~7000 edits / places added so far.

@DavidMG wrote:

I appreciate your reply, BuddhikaB, but...

Are you an employee of Google Maps? No slight intended but I prefer my answers come directly from Google. Users guiding users is tantamount to the blind leading the blind; i.e., you know only as much or little as I know.

Moreover, in the instances I mentioned above, I know indisputably that I was the first Local Guide, the first anyone, to suggest the edits.

Level 7

" Thank you.

I appreciate your effort, all of which information I know already. And none of which, unfortunately, applies to my specific questions.

Which brings me back to waiting for a reply from a Google Maps employee. Which likely will not occur today; seems the Maps team has mucked up the database - again. All hands on deck!

Level 10

@DavidMG wrote:

" Thank you.

I appreciate your effort, all of which information I know already. And none of which, unfortunately, applies to my specific questions.

Which brings me back to waiting for a reply from a Google Maps employee. Which likely will not occur today; seems the Maps team has mucked up the database - again. All hands on deck!

This forum is for Google Local Guides, if you want specific Google Maps you have to go to the Google Maps help site. Unfortunately this is the wrong tree.

Level 7

I posted my questions in the proper venue, thank you very much.

Please leave off replying further. Allow a Google employee to reply to my questions.

Level 7

My edit of the Centralia,IL Walmart keeps getting denied. I know for a fact that they have moved to a new building, I worked there for 3 years.