BuddhikaB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Edits not getting approved

This is regarding an edit on map maker.

I have made an edit on Google Maps about a month ago. But it is not yet published and the edit states as "This edit needs google moderation"

Here's the link to the edit.

https://goo.gl/j2xZsm

Can you please help me with this.

Best Regards

Buddhika Prasanna

Wealth Park Kandy City, William Gopallawa Mawatha, Kandy, Central Province, Sri Lanka
20 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 5
Solution

Re: Edits not getting approved

Hello Greg,

My edit is now live o google maps thanks to you.

Really appreciate your help.

Thank you very much,

Best Regards

Buddhika Prasanna

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

Hello,

It is fairly normal for an edit such as yours to still be waiting approval, right now it has just been waiting approximately the average queue length.  At such a point you could as for an escalation by following this process.  If you did then I would be the one escalating it to Google, so I will do so directly from here without asking you to follow that process; but I will need you to make a couple of updates first:

• In addition to the Local tag, the name needs the Primary and Official tag
  • As the road dead ends, the priority needs to be Terminal
  • Change the Bicycle Suitability back to neutral.  Preferred and Avoid are only to be used when there are special reasons why a route is better or worse than the alternatives.

If you can make those updates and then repost here I will then ask Google to review the edit.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 5

Hello GreggG,

Really appreciate your reply on my status. It was really helpful. I have made the changes that you have mentioned.

Can you please help me on getting this approved. Let me know if I need to modify anything again.

Really appreciate your help on this.

https://goo.gl/j2xZsm

Thank you,

Best Regards

Buddhika Prasanna

Connect Moderator

Thank you for making those updates.  I do see one other possible issue.

I see that you have named this road "Wealth Park Road", and that one of the places it leads is to a hotel named Weath Park.

Is the name of this road official and on street signs at the intersection with the main road?  Or are you naming it based on the business on it?

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Level 5

Hello Greg,

This road is newly constructed and it leads to the "Wealth Park Kandy City". So it is named as Wealth Park Road. If the name is reasonable for approving the change on the map, can we approve it without a name. By the way it;s really important to have this on the map to help tourists that visit here. They are in big trouble on getting navigation. Let me know the modifications need to done. I will arrange everything asap to get this approved.

Really appriciate your help on this.

Thank you

Best Regards

Buddhika Prasanna

Connect Moderator

I can see the start of the road in Street View, and it is definitely not brand new.  If a driveway to the business was added off of that road then it should be unnamed; driveways do not get names.  Please update your edit to remove the name and I will ask Google to look at the edit due to it being overdue for review.

Regarding the business itself, I see that you added it as a restaurant; Google changed it to a hotel, on Facebook it was added as a "International Travel and Residential Agent", the website is unfinished but gives the impression it is about a hotel or condo, and the pictures you've added in Maps are of what appear to be an empty condo.  What exactly is this business, and when will it open?

Level 5

Hello Greg,

Really appreciate your reply. The business place is still not opened. As foreigners are always following the navigation systems our place is hard to find. We were struggling on adding this road on the google map for a long time. Finally I found this forum and got your attention.

I have removed the name from the road and modified my edit as you mentioned above. Can it be reviewed now.

Really appreciate your guidance.

Thank you

Best Regards

Buddhika Prasanna

Level 5

Hello Greg,

I have another thing to get clarified. As Map Maker expires on March 31, What if I couldn't get my review approved before the expiration? Am I still capable on getting it displayed on maps after that day?

Does my edits are clear now? Can we submit it for review please. Just let me know if more modifications need.

Thank you

Best Regards

Buddhika Prasanna

Level 5
Solution

Hello Greg,

My edit is now live o google maps thanks to you.

Really appreciate your help.

Thank you very much,

Best Regards

Buddhika Prasanna

Level 5

I didn't know that Google took so long to publish it.