RossH's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Edits not applied

I am a level 5 and i can not edit or change any details of businesses even ones that do not exist and i mark as closed do not get approved.

Is there something going on. Anyone else having these issues ?

9 comments
Level 7

Re: Edits not applied

Hi @RossH,

If you have requested for editing the place and marked it as closed, it will sent to the team for review and let you get notified once approved.

Usually it takes time than add missing places.

Level 5

but why then does edits get not applied instanty on closing some or even adding a location to maps 

@kapalawais wrote:

Hi @RossH,

If you have requested for editing the place and marked it as closed, it will sent to the team for review and let you get notified once approved.

Usually it takes time than add missing places.

Level 7
Level 7

@RossH However i am just a level 3 local guide,But i am also facing a similar problem. Recently i found that someone had added an express-way inside my university canteen. I have tried marking it as spam or never existed twice but it goes straight to not applied!

I think the problem can be that when someone makes an edit, google asks other map contributors to verify the info. And maybe someone's just messing around.

Level 5

That I do not know no one has yet to give a definite answer. I know I have tried many times even now to add existing business and they too are auto denied I have tried multiple category's even and they are auto denied. Its strange to me  to say the least....

Level 9
Level 9

@RossH wrote:

I am a level 5 and i can not edit or change any details of businesses

Being a Level5 is no indication of your ability to edit, it's possible to reach L5 by only posting photos so Google uses other info to decide you edit trust.

Are you able to make any edits at all, or none whatsoever, when was the last approved edit?

Level 7

RossH,
Its a common issue, Iam a level 5 and regularly edit, but some of my locations are denied edit/addition too. Some of them instantly too
Not sure how the Google algorithm works.
Would like know myself how it works
Level 7

@RossH,

Give us some specific examples.  Links to features that you want to edt and what the changes are that you want to make.  Names and addresses of businesses that you want to add to the map.

Level 7

The place where I stay is actually 4th Cross. But in maps it shows as 5th Cross. I tried to edit this, and after couple of months I got to know that they will consider this correction and it will be updated in maps in few days. But interestingly even now it shows as 5th Cross road. I dont know what else I can do..

May be we should move this thread to Feedback and Feature Request. I hope Moderator can do this..

Level 9
Level 9

@BharathG wrote:

May be we should move this thread to Feedback and Feature Request. I hope Moderator can do this..

Moving this thread to Feedback would be inappropriate, it was started by RossH who has a mapping issue.

@bharathgup if you are having a mapping issue regarding '4th Cross' please start your own thread and include a map link to the feature, a screenshot of the 'Thank you, your edit is being reviewed' email and a full explanation of what you are trying to achieve