Franco021's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Send feedback or get help for edits 'Not Applied'

Hey moderator(s),

I would like an explanation as to why this was moved. I would like to keep a strong track of all the updates and requests that are made instead of just being jumbled up into other topics. Although I did refer to this topic, this best deserves its place in the master feedback thread, that's how it was designed, and they will be updated in real-time.

Connect Moderator

It was moved because you duplicated content.  There should be one thread per issue, if there are more we will combine them.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 10

Okay, fair enough @Flash.

Since the information was already in this post, perhaps now that you have replied here, you now have the time to look at her information and please see to it that My Closet Consignment should be on the map.

Connect Moderator

@stamatia, my apologies for the delay, I've looked this over a few times but never got quite finished each time.

While we can often spot issues with edits that are not accepted, in this case there is nothing obvious.  It may be that someone with a high trust level could add it, but it would be questionable as to when such a person might come along who has the necessary personal knowledge to add this feature.  Since you already have contact with the owner the best next move would likely to be to have them add it via Google My Business.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Level 5

I've been having trouble myself with Google Maps at first changing edits a few days after they were made and now ignoring edits for the location altogether.  We have two T-Mobile stores relatively close together, with one in the mall and one across the street in a strip shopping center.  The one in the shopping center changed location and now Google Maps wants to move the mall location to the old shopping center location even though it still has the mall address.  I moved it multiple times to the correct location and it kept getting moved back and now it rejects my edits automatically.  I've noticed others edit the location as well and yet it still gets moved back to the wrong location.  Its quite frustrating, and that doesn't even include Google Maps marking addresses as "Union Township" when it's the city of Union as Kentucky does not have townships.

Connect Moderator

Hello @Ghaz,

If you work for these businesses then we cannot help you here, business support is done via the Google My Business program.

If you are just a concerned mapper, please make your own thread giving the details such as exact GPS location, any existing POI, and exactly what data you were trying to add or edit.  With that mapping experts can look it over and let you know if there are obvious and/or likely issues that you can fix in your next attempt.

By the way, here are the townships in your county.  http://www.jfcountyks.com/documentcenter/view/40

Level 5

I'll make the new thread as soon as I get a chance.

BTW, I live in the state of Kentucky about 15 minutes south of Cincinnati.  I've never been to Kansas.

Connect Moderator

My apologies if I got those confused.  Please do include those details also in your thread, as I can't find any T-Mobiles south of Cincinnati that show a township in their address.

Level 2

Re: Edits keep getting rejected. :(

I guess many others confirmed the opposite of what you had edited

Level 10

I tried to add 'My Closet Consignment' to the map once again, and it was rejected immediately.

Caption: When a search of your own company leads to another.Caption: When a search of your own company leads to another.

When I search for "my closet consignment fredericton" Google Maps directs me to a competitor 'Second Showing Boutique' instead. I think this pours salt to the wound and insults @stamatia's efforts and the business to have them simply added to the map. This is absolutely unacceptable.