Franco021's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Edits keep getting rejected. :(

Tried to add it again today after some recent successes, very bare-bones and factual - it was auto-rejected again! Please, someone fix this, this business deserves to be on the map.

Level 7

Also: weirdly enough the map has accepted the photos from the listing I've rejected and have them tagged as being taken in that strip mall, but attributes them to either being taken at the dentist's office next door, or not being associated with any business at all?

Level 10

Dear Stamatia,

Moderator @Flash is pretty much the go to for map additions and such. I've tagged him for further assistance, and hopefully we'll have 'My Closet Consignment' reliably added to the map.

For the meantime, can you add the precise information for Flash to use? What I would try to add myself is:

Name: My Closet Consignment

Category: Clothing Shop

Address: 280 Main St, Fredericton, NB E3A 1C9.

Marker Coordinates: 45.975350, -66.648875.

Unfortunately since it was only recently opened, Google streetview has not captured its existence as of yet, and that's usually a verifier checker. I really hope it can be added. Fingers crossed!

Connect Moderator

@stamatia,

The first two things I would wonder, and I'm not sure if you have this information, is:

1. Has the owner already initiated a claim via Google My Business?
  2. Did the listing you submitted include the mall name anywhere?
Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 7

Hi @Flash,

1) I'm not sure, it didn't sound like it when I spoke to the owner. Since she knew I was adding the store I don't think she would have bothered.

2) I was going to say that it's just a nameless strip of box stores but some quick googling tells me that it is technically called "280 Main Street Plaza" according to the developer: https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.plaza.ca/portfolio/New_Brunswick/Fred...

The shop in question is unit #5 on at plan. None of the shops use "280 Main Street Plaza" in their addresses, though; it's not on any signs, and if I mentioned that name to a local, they wouldn't recognize it. People would know the location better as "where the old northside Canadian Tire used to be". 

Connect Moderator

Thank you for the information.  I'll explain the reason for both questions:

1. If the owner has added this or claimed an existing feature via GMB, your edit would be a duplicate and thus is likely to be rejected.  The GMB claims process includes a period where the feature disappears from the map.  This remains a possibility.
  2. Mall names should never be in the name or address, but people add them anyway.  What often happens is that the store is named "Store Name - Mall Name" and then the mall is named "Mall Name".  With similar names, addresses and categories they can end up getting merged as duplicates.

I don't have the time to spare at the moment, I'll need to look at this a bit more in depth later.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 7

@Briggs

@Flash

Category: Second-hand clothing

Not sure of the precise coordinates, I'd say 45.9752811, -66.6490192.

The location opened September 6th. Hours are:

Monday, Tuesday, Week, Friday: 10:00-6:00

Thursday: 10:00-8:00

Saturday: 10:00-4:00

Sunday: Closed

Phone: 506-449-5580

Webpage: https://www.facebook.com/myclosetconsignment/

Level 7

Fair enough. It's been a month and a half and it's been happening since the day I went in and told her I was doing it, I anyways search for it first to make sure someone else hasn't added it, so I don't think it's a duplication issue. I appreciate you looking into it for me. 

Level 7

@Briggs

@Flash

Any progress on this? I just searched the map and "My Closet Consignment" still isn't on the map...

Level 10

Re: Send feedback or get help for edits 'Not Applied'

Request #3: Add 'My Closet Consignment' to the map

@stamatia has provided more than enough information and evidence in this post to warrant an addition of the listing.

- Name: My Closet Consignment
- Category: Second-hand clothing Shop
- Address: 5/280 Main St, Fredericton NB E3A 1C9 (Chamber of Commerce)
- Map Marker: (e.g. 45.975350, -66.648875 - Streetview of shop should be at this location)
Additional information:

Phone: (506) 449-5580

Business hours: 10:00am - 6:00pm (Mon-Wed, Fri), 10:00am - 8:00pm (Thu), 10:00am - 4:00pm (Sat)

I'm more than happy to have this added at the coordinate, and hope you don't mind me reposting the information structured all here. Can we have this added very soon please?