Franco021's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Edits keep getting rejected. :(

A lot of my edits are being rejected. Most of my edits are for places near my residential place. I've been doing edits for years now and i'm now level 6. It was fun doing edits. Its such a fullfillment when edits are published. But a lot of my edits are being rejected recently and its very disappointing and I'm beginning to lose motivation. Common guys, I understand that you can be strict for new mappers, but not for those who have been doing editing maps for a long time. 

Capture.PNG

Manila, NCR, Philippines
36 comments
Level 10

Re: Edits keep getting rejected. :(

Hello @Franco021 Please see this post by the Google Moderators to see why this is happening. https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Mapping-Your-World/Why-is-my-edit-status-Pending-or-Not-Applie... I hope this helps you 🙂

Level 8

Yeah, it's a trend on GoogleMaps nowadays...

Because of that, the maps have never been so messed-up in my area.

it's getting tiresome..

Level 6

@HelloSamsonR wrote:

Hello @Franco021 Please see this post by the Google Moderators to see why this is happening. https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Mapping-Your-World/Why-is-my-edit-status-Pending-or-Not-Applie... I hope this helps you 🙂

Hi @HelloSamsonR , thanks for your response. But look at my the screenshot, 7 denied edits. 😞 Edits made were for establishments near the place where I live. My location history enabled and sure Google maps know that I stay in that area everyday. I'm level 6 local guide. What I'm trying to say, its has become too strict. And if nothing improves, people may lose motivation to edit and stop contributing at all. 

Level 6

So disappointing 

@PierJes wrote:

Yeah, it's a trend on GoogleMaps nowadays...

Because of that, the maps have never been so messed-up in my area.

it's getting tiresome..

Level 10

@Franco021 Please Can you have a look at this topic well, it would help you. I was in your shoes before, but after so many advice I got used to the system and know how to add a place without it getting denied. I have added more than 50 places before, everything denied. But i studied the system and I know how best it works now. I hardly get a denial this days. :). Please read this, it is very important, the Google moderator highlighted the reason

"Many of you have asked why your edit is shown that way, so we wanted to share more information with you how edits are reviewed and why they may appear as such.

Every edit submitted to Google Maps passes through automated systems that analyze different factors, such as the information submitted, the location of the edit, your mapping activity, and other factors to make sure everything we are adding to the map is accurate and follows our guidelines.

If we are not sure the edit is accurate, it may be listed as Denied. If your edit status is listed as Pending, it means we need to take a closer look at the information, which can take some time to verify through our staff and other Local Guides through Check the Facts.

Don’t take it personally.

If your edit is denied, this doesn’t mean you are a bad mapper (unless you are trying to spam the map!) — we may not be familiar with the region you are mapping and need more information to be confident the edit is accurate. Simply collect more information and suggest another edit.

Thank you for helping to keep Google Maps fresh and accurate for the millions of people who rely on your information when they’re exploring the world."

I hope that can help you

Level 7

This advice doesn't actually help - I keep trying to add a new local business, "My Closet Consignment" which opened last week in my city (https://www.facebook.com/myclosetconsignment/) - I like to add new businesses right away, to give them that extra leg up! I added it to the map two days after it opened without going in (I'd been to that strip mall before but not since before it opened), and it was rejected. Ok, fine, I must need to visit the store. I went, turned on my location services, took exterior shots (panned back far enough to show what the neighboring businesses were), looked at everything inside, bought a wallet, chatted with the staff, took a shot with them in their staff t-shirts with their big logo on the front alongside the owner. Went home and added it to the map again - rejected. But I figured that this time, it was because I'd forgotten to add the address (I'd just dropped the pin and didn't realize it didn't record the address automatically that way). Fine. Third time's the charm, right? So this time I roll out all the stops, it's flawless - name, pin in the precise spot on the strip mall, address with unit number and postal code, hours, official website (their Facebook page), specific opening date (Sep. 6, 2017), ten photos I took there with location services set. REJECTED. I added it again this morning, REJECTED AGAIN. Meanwhile, they accepted my addition of "The Back 6", the new restaurant in the golf club near my office, despite my never having set foot in it before (just added it based on info from their website).

I live in a small Canadian city with a tiny group of Google Guides. I'm a Level 7, I've lived here all my life and I know the place like the back of my hand. I have an excellent mental map, often give directions to lost tourists (did that just yesterday, as a matter of fact). I know what's going on in this city, what all the new businesses are and add many of them right from the get-go. My photos have gotten 450,000 views. I've accepted some of the other rejections, despite them also being unfounded (the decision to reject the edit being made by someone who obviously knows less about the place in question than I do), but this one really sticks in my craw. Is there any way to appeal these rejections? Do I have to take a video of myself there? I don't understand what else I can do.

I'm adding some of the pictures I took for proof, along with a screencap of some of my edits - note that the one at the bottom of the map, in Saint John (CBCL Limited), not only did I take their address change over the phone at my office as part of my job, but I went to that office for a meeting 2 - 3 weeks ago. I was at the address I suggested. So whoever rejected it can bite me. 

IMG_20170909_134345.jpgIMG_20170909_140309.jpgIMG_20170909_140914.jpgClipboard02.jpg

Level 9

Hi @BellaWi please see the above post by a member of our East Coast Canada LG Community @stamatia and let us know if you can direct us towards some help. Thanks very much!!!! 

Level 6

This is actually frustrating. I almost did the same process you've mentioned. But to no avail. The experience was very disappointing I actually gave up adding new features / business on Google Maps 😞

Level 8

I added a place with no issues, then I realized I miss spelled the name slightly. Tried to edit and denied. Come on Google surely your algorithm is bright enough to let the original poster edit within 5 minutes