gevorg_hakobyan's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Editing roads

Hi, guys. I'd like to know how many points are earned for editing road names and how long does it usually take the edit to become live. I have received a dozen of emails about my last road name edits, but only a few are yet alive.

Nor Kharberd, Ararat Province, Armenia
8 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Editing roads

Hello @gevorg_hakobyan,

Road edits are actually requests for a Google employee to make the edit in an internal tool.  As it is a manual process it can take anywhere from a week to several months depending on various factors.  Such requests do not earn points, but they do make the map b etter for all and also allow you to properly address businesses.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hello @gevorg_hakobyan,

Road edits are actually requests for a Google employee to make the edit in an internal tool.  As it is a manual process it can take anywhere from a week to several months depending on various factors.  Such requests do not earn points, but they do make the map b etter for all and also allow you to properly address businesses.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 7

I see. Do you think this process is ever going to become automatic and why is it implemented manually in the first place?

Level 7

Road create on map by google
Level 7

Hi @gevorg_hakobyan

I am from Tunisia , north African country . Actually all Google local guides here have been complaining from the same issue for years now. In fact, We don't even have the possibility to add a road or street ! we have to send a feedback about it and it never leads to any solution !!! 

The infrastructure of Tunisia is getting developed very fast , the number of cars has increased from 1 million to 2.2 million car in the last five years and therefore thousands of miles of roads have been built by the government. However , these roads still doesn't exist on the map and we can't help fixing it. 

Please if you get to a summit one day you must talk about the issue because it is a very big annoying problem .

Level 7

Actually, here in Armenia, we also have to report a problem in order to have a road name edited and I thought that that's the ordinary way. I have managed to add a couple of dozen street names during last year, but I haven't succeeded to add a single road segment, which in my opinion appears to be a harder issue. But the good news is that the app tells me that "they" are doing their best to make road editing available in more areas asap.

Level 7

@gevorg_hakobyan wrote:

Hi, guys. I'd like to know how many points are earned for editing road names and how long does it usually take the edit to become live. I have received a dozen of emails about my last road name edits, but only a few are yet alive.

Level 7

This is because there are bad actors out there that want to mess things up to get points,... they don't care what they change. Thus for it needing final approval by an actual employee of Google.

Level 10

Idea exchange voting open for "Make road editing possible" https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/All-Ideas/Make-road-editing-possible/idi-p/667232

Kind regards from Osaka78 👍