RagingBull's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Editing place without street address

Езерото с лилиите  https://goo.gl/maps/kCdg9Uykf7T2Езерото с лилиите https://goo.gl/maps/kCdg9Uykf7T2

Hi guides,

I'm wondering whether there can be added landmark without address and street number. In this case it is a lake in the park, which is not near any street. I tried to add only the city name and zip code, but it did not work. Also if it is left in this way Google Street View takes the 360° image of the boulevard, which has nothing to do with the lake and can only mislead anyone.

Thank you!

Let's help everyone to find more easy and fast way accurate information about searched places on Google Maps.
Sofia, Bulgaria
8 comments
Level 8

Re: Editing place without street address

hello. I'm not sure if I got your query correctly, but I can see a few "failures" in this POI: it should not be classified as a "Water Park" because definitely it is not. it can be just a "Park", nothing else (we used to have a special category "Garden" for this in the past). you can go via MapMaker and clear out all details that don't match, if this can't be done via Maps. places without postal boxes should not have a ZIP code, though, but it's not a big issue.

Level 2

Hi, I have added a place without an address - a hut in the mountain. As far as I can remember, I had to just place the tag in the map so it works without typing. You cannot change the street view but you can add a photo of the lake which, together with its name and maybe an explanatory review, should help for avoiding confusion.

Level 9
Level 9

@ElenaG wrote:

Hi, I have added a place without an address - a hut in the mountain.

I'm curious, why did you add a hut, what's there, what category did you use? Can you share the link

Connect Moderator

Does this lake have an actual proper name?  

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 2

Hi, maybe I confused you with the word "hut" - it's the Chalet Seven Lakes. It is a place where you can sleep and/or eat in a remote mountain region which makes it important for people who want to hike there - this is why I added it. As I said before, I do not remember details about adding it because it was a few years ago - I don't recall any categories, maybe things have changed or I have forgotten about it. Here's a link - the location and name are precise in both languages (Bulgarian and English), feel free to add a category if you see such an editing option 🙂

https://www.google.bg/maps/place/Chalet+Seven+Lakes/@42.2074475,23.3239598,14.75z/data=!4m12!1m6!3m5...

Connect Moderator

@ElenaG

I was addressing the author of this thread.  If you have your own issue please do start your own thread.  Posting in someone else's thread can result in not everyone's issues being addressed.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 9
Level 9

Sorry Gregg that was probably my fault for asking Elena to clarify her earlier 'hut' posting. I was trying to draw out that some things aren't mappable (like an unnamed lake) but I handled it clumsily 

Level 10

Hi

In G maps app u can edit it.

Ecology University Master degree, happy married, father of a child with Down Syndrome. I love contributing to Google maps, fixing errors, adding new places and help people using the map.