john4dolly's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Editing Names of Roads/Areas/Quarters in Google Maps

Hi Have Editing Names of Roads/Areas/ in Google Maps its ages still awaiting a response and few are not approved. to my amazed, those place I know from last 32 years are the incorrect name and under incorrect area, even as per local body as described. google needs to understand this and have a proper producer to take this change as per people frequent location or something like that. I love to help to improve my nearby streets. 

Sakinaka, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
3 comments
Level 7

Re: Editing Names of Roads/Areas/Quarters in Google Maps

@john4dolly, perhaps the approvers are having difficulty verifying your changes.

Consider these steps instead, for street/road name edits:

1. Turn on the ability of your cellphone/camera to encode photos with latitude-longitude data.

2. Take photos of street signs showing the correct name.

3. Create a folder/album for these photos on photos.google.com and upload your street sign photos there.

4. Use the Send feedback > Other feedback process to request each name change
5. Include in your request a weblink (URL) to the photo that proves that the name you request is correct. 

Modify these steps appropriately for changes to names of other map features.

Connect Moderator

Hello,

The queue for review of edits is quite long at the moment and thus all users are experiencing this delay.  I ask that you wait patiently, the edits will be processed in the order of the queue.

Thank you for your contributions towards a better map for all!

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 7

True, indeed.

Late last week, a change I had requested of a road's numeric highway designation was published after ten weeks in pending status.

Two weeks ago, a change that added a crossover in a divided highway -- visible in strret view imagery -- was published after nine weeks.