Mjyates's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Duplicate,

It would appear that when marking a POI as duplicate, that edit just disappears into an abyss. There is no email acknowledgement or any other indication that something is in progress.

What is the Google process for handling these changes?

Thailand
3 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Duplicate,

Hello,

Direct marking of duplicates was removed several years ago, as to do it properly so that data isn't lost requires following a lot of rules and being able to see back-end data.  The option you are being presented is to flag it for a Googler to review, so it does not appear in your list of edits.

The queue for requests is quite long, but in addition even once a duplicate is marked it can take weeks or months for the process to complete.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 10

Thanks @Flash 

So would that be a manual review? 

If so the reviewer would need to have multiple language skills because sometimes the duplicates are in different languages.

In the below example the marked location is the same as Mod Guest House, but in Thai

This up is an easy example, others can be far more complex.

Screenshot_20171123-082629.png

Also locating the actual duplicates are surely time consuming.

Thanks 

Connect Moderator

Yes, it would be manual; but Google does have employees that speak languages from around the world.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages