ColinUKtyke's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Duplicate business name sorted but still described as feminine!

Manage to change the name of the Oasis fish and chip shop in Donnington , Telford, Shropshire from just Oasis to Oasis Fish bar. However Oasis is also the name of a national feminine fashion outlet across the the country and so the description below the name still reads ' Feminine fashion chain on trend clothing and accessories ..' which the chip shop has picked up from the similarly named store.

Can anyone advise me on how to change this description or how to advise GMaps about the problem as I cannot find any such way?

The location and incorrect captionThe location and incorrect caption

Telford, United Kingdom
8 comments
Level 10

Re: Duplicate business name sorted but still described as feminine!

@ColinUKtyke, it now appears as a "Fish and Chips Takeaway", so someone must have fixed it.

Level 8

Sorry Ostri but it's the description that is wrong not the type of store.

Colin

Level 10

You cannot control that text.

Google grabs from some website that is related with that business.

I guess that Oasis Fish bar highjacked the business place of the feminine clothing shop; can you check this hypotesis looking at the reviews?

No, i was wrong.

To solve this problem, first of all Oasis Fish Bar could try to claim the business, then adding a web site could help.

Level 10

@ColinUKtyke wrote:

Sorry Ostri but it's the description that is wrong not the type of store.

Colin

Oh, now I see. I missed that one.

Level 10

To solve this problem, first of all Oasis Fish Bar could try to claim the business, then adding a web site could help.

@LucioV, it already has the restaurant's Facebook page linked as their website. Since the change is recent, maybe we just need to give the servers some time to update.

Level 10

@OStr wrote:

@LucioV, it already has the restaurant's Facebook page linked as their website. Since the change is recent, maybe we just need to give the servers some time to update.

FB page is not a nice source for informations.

If claimed, they could have a *.business.site web site for free.

Maybe there is an official web site for the dress shop where Google is grabbing the info.

Level 8

Still appears as before?

Does anyone know how I can fix this or how to report it to Google Maps.

I was the one who changed it from Oasis ( which is also the name of a feminine clothes store ) to Oasis Fish Bar.

The owner does not seem bothered - any further ideas gratefully received !

Level 8

@LucioV @OStr

Oui et rapellons que d'utiliser un lien Facebook comme site web du POI, n'est pas autorisé!

(malgré les fausses informations données par les modérateurs ici)

LucioV a écrit :

@OStr wrote:

FB page is not a nice source for informations.

If claimed, they could have a *.business.site web site for free.

Maybe there is an official web site for the dress shop where Google is grabbing the info.

Swiss | Switzerland | Suisse francophone Level 8 : visitez moi Ne passez pas à coté d'un J'AIME et marquer les réponses comme solution. Android|Jean-Luc|Suisse romande|Switzerland french speaking area|Google Maps Local Guide Level 8 https://goo.gl/maps/HuzFUEBbgtt