AmeyP's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Drinking water dispensers on maps

Exactly my point, as Google gets to know you, it personalized results, so you'll get more relevant results. Why show coffeeshops if you never go drink coffee?

Heres a few examples of the map zoomed all the way in on mobile. First I searched for "Drikkevand" meaning drinking water. And the little red dot showed up, amongst others, I just zoomed all the way in for comparison.

Interstingly, when I tapped search this area, the water fountain disappeared. And when I deleted the search, nothing showed up.

Now if this water fountain spat out wine because of holy intervention, people would flock to it, and it would get hundreds if not thousands of ratings, and would probably become more visible, but for now, only people searching for it, will find it, and drink it.

IMG_1138.PNG

IMG_1139.PNG

IMG_1140.PNG

Level 8

@AmeyP ,

I have initiated a this This thread similar to your post .

@Opspin @Flash @DiAnaUS @Pea

taking as a question 'the free drinking water facility' will be good I think .

Please support this .

Level 8

@AmeyP

Great initiative. I have also initiated a topic, Click here.

In tropical countries, travellers search drinking water here and there. So this is very important question need to be added on map.

Thanks a lot

Level 6

Re: Where you get a glass of water for free?

What's about public water tap and fontaine ? They are in public spaces, do not move like ATMs. this information is very useful for hikers, cyclists, outdoors workers and homeless. 

As an example, here is the map of public water points in Paris.

http://www.eaudeparis.fr/carte-des-fontaines/

As a cyclist, I usually get by looking for cemeteries. But this is not necessarily obvious to a neophyte.