PurnaCreddy's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Does deleting photos from Google photos also gets deleted in Maps ?

My friend has this above mentioned  issue .. please check 

@ErmesT

@TraciC

https://plus.google.com/109946724931444894457/posts/Ka1zW2tqaz2

Hyderabad, Telangana, India
8 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Does deleting photos from Google photos also gets deleted in Maps ?

Yes of course , @PurnaCreddy, this is a very well discussed issue.

Anticipating your second question, if you set the photos to be uploaded in "high quality" mode, you have unlimited space for uploading photos.

Your space in drive is used only if you set to upload photos in "full quality" mode

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Solution

Yes of course , @PurnaCreddy, this is a very well discussed issue.

Anticipating your second question, if you set the photos to be uploaded in "high quality" mode, you have unlimited space for uploading photos.

Your space in drive is used only if you set to upload photos in "full quality" mode

Level 10

@ErmesT Does that mean if i store photos in ORIGINAL QUALITY and when i delete them from Google Photos they get deleted from maps 

but when i use "HIGH QUALITY(UNLIMITED STORAGE) they will not get deleted from MAPS  even if i delete from photos  ? 

Googler

Hi @PurnaCreddy. Yes, if you a delete a photo from Google Photos that is also uploaded to Google Maps, it will be deleted. In our Help Center, it notes that photos you delete on Google Maps are also removed from Google Photos. 

I personally know this is not ideal and we've shared (and will continue to share) this feedback. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 8

When I delete photos from Google Photos, they are sometimes removed from Google Maps

Is anyone else having this issue? It doesn't happen every single time !

As a Local Guide, I click pictures & review places which I consider relevant for others. Post posting the reviews & pictures I delete pictures from my G Photos.

However, when I did the same yesterday (i.e. after posting a review & a picture) the dialog-box appeared which stated the the "picture you are deleting from G Photos will also be delete from where you shared". And, to my surprise it was deleted from my Map Contribution.

Also, pasting the screenshot

screenshotscreenshot

Pushkin Shukla
Connect Moderator

Re: When I delete photos from Google Photos, they are sometimes removed from Google Maps

Yes @PushkinShukla

Please read more about answered in this post

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Mapping-Your-World/Does-deleting-photos-from-Google-photos-als...

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 8

Re: When I delete photos from Google Photos, they are sometimes removed from Google Maps

@NareshDarji:- Actually I have updated 810 pictures on Google Maps to date. But i have never experienced the same. So far memory is concern I've 115 GB Storage pack out of which 99 GB is empty.

Seems its an error, because I tried with other photographs recently, but after Deleting from Gphotos it still appear on GMaps...

Pushkin Shukla
Level 9

@PushkinShukla Happy to have you here again after #gurugramfeedbackevent. 

Still I'm waiting for the pics clicked by that man. If you have group photo plz share with us. 

As my bro @NareshDarji mention, if you a delete a photo from Google Photos that is also uploaded to Google Maps, it will be deleted. In Google help center, it has notes that photos you delete on Google Maps are also removed from Google Photos. 

Plz refer to the link mention below for more information. 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Mapping-Your-World/Does-deleting-photos-from-Google-photos-als...

Cc : TraciC

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 8
Level 8

I face this problem too but I noticed it happens more frequent when I take photos by Android devices and till now I did Not notice that happens when I use IOS device to take photos even I am using Google Photos as my default gallery in all my devices.