KrystinaLisi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Destination Pages on Google Maps

Is anyone familiar with a Google Maps initiative to update destination pages in Google Maps? Similar to this page: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Destin,+FL+32541/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x88914379c940f4b7:0x17a48bdb4658...

I heard about a destination content initiative at a conference recently and was wondering if anyone had info about how to get involved. 

Krystina Lisi
Florida, USA
4 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Destination Pages on Google Maps

Hello @KrystinaLisi

Are you referring to the panel on the left that tells you about the place?  That exists for most cities.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 8

Yes It does exist for most cities and there is also an accompanying travel guide that shows up in search. The data in these pages is pulled from different sources including the data added to Google maps pages within the destination. I'm looking for more information on how this info is gathered and how you can contribute to adding more content about a destination (Not a regular maps listing) or making edits to what is published. I believe there was a separate initiative for this.  I'm looking for info on that. 

Thanks! 

Krystina Lisi
Connect Moderator

The information is largely collected from Wikipedia.  The exact details are not published, and I'm afraid there is no public access to modify it.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 8