Bewinxed's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Crowdsourcing map data is good but what about Political Boundaries? (Polygons/Streets)

Hello, How are you, I'm from Jordan and i have been mapping out data in my country since Map Maker started until it stopped in 2013, I had over 3000+ edits which i spent many hours and many days doing the edits for the polygons and the borders of municipalities/neighborhoods and suburbs etc.

When map maker closed down in 2013 in our country the whole country on MapMaker turned blank, I was in a conference in Amman with someone who worked with google and he explained the issue with edits not going over regarding polygons/streets in Jordan/Lebanon/Malaysia and such.

Now with google map maker being discontinued and local guides rising up, what happened to those edits? will all my effort go to waste? how do i know that the edits i did were implemented? there's no way to know, How can i get in contact with someone who works on the maps there because i have the polygon files for the borders in our country and i'll be glad to provide them, except it's been really obscure who to reach with this matter, I don't seek cash or anything I just want to get this data to someone who can implement them.

Honestly it seems like all the edits I did are gone and they don't even count towards the LocalGuides App 😞 It's disheartening.

Amman, Amman Governorate, Jordan
2 comments
Level 9

Re: Crowdsourcing map data is good but what about Political Boundaries? (Polygons/Streets)

تحياتي @Bewinxed

عاملين لقاء يوم السبت بتشرفنا بحضورك 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Let-s-Meet-Up/WORLD-WIDE-MAP-EDIT-WALK/td-p/363356

Level 10

Re: Crowdsourcing map data is good but what about Political Boundaries? (Polygons/Streets)

Dear @Bewinxed, hope all's well. Yes, Map Maker was awesome. We miss it too. Now we can share political boundaries/streets data with Google with Send feedback or if you can share large authoritative datafiles there's Base Map Partner Program for you. Thanks for helping improve Maps. Kind regards from Osaka78 PS We wrote a letter to Google about it a while ago 🙂