JohnTurner's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Costa Rica -- no addresses?

I'm trying to help businesses in my local area -- central Pacific coast of Costa Rica -- get verified on Google My Business, but no one in Costa Rica has exact addresses. How can they create a google plus business account without a real address, and what do other google trusted photographers in this country do to solve this? 

Costa Rica
3 comments
Level 9

Re: Costa Rica -- no addresses?

Hello @JohnTurner

I have never been to Costa RIca, so just wondering can you explaing what you mean by " no one in Costa Rica has exact addresses" ?

thanks in advance. / usually a place always has an adress or at least an approximate one....

Best regards.

Check out my virtual tours demo / "A camera is a save button for the mind's eye" - Geek quote 🙂 /

Generated using https://ndsmyter.be/local-guides-banner/
Level 8

The system for navigating in Costa Rica is pretty unique.  You can find anything you need to find, it just won't be the way that youre used to.  For instance, you can be in one location and ask Google Maps for directions and some of the steps will be like: Turn left onto Calle 3, Pass by cosecha(on the right in 29m) .  Its a little hard to explain.  We live in an area of Manuel Antonio that is simple described as "behind the soccer fields" so if I order pizza, I say "behind the soccer fields about 50 yards in the left, Ill be waiting outside, and everyone knows what that means.   If you need main, you'll just obtain a PO box in the nearest town.  I hope this helps.

Level 7

Hi John! Im Grace from Costa Rica.

I just saw your post and made laugh, because yeap is so costa rican that way of give an address. We never had to use before street or avenue name (but they exist) so Costa Rican people used to point a reference place like a supermarket, a restaurant, a church, in order to give you an address, even if that place doesnt exist anymore. Also they can point you a kind of tree in order to guide you somewhere. I meant it! And probably you already know it as living here.

To answer your question, you can go to the local goverment (municipalidad) or to the post office to know an exact street name. And yes is possible to mark a local business in CR with Google, I did with my own business and Google people gave a call after a year in order to verify all the info I provided before.