ArtemT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Correction of names

Dear friends,

For 3 months I ask Google team to correct simple things, which are important with NO reaction

1. There is no Republic of Udmurtia. (республика Удмуртия not correct even in Russian, because both words must be in caps), but there exist Udmurt Republic (Удмуртская Республика) Guys, why you dont write American states, but the United States of America? Probably because there's no such a state American states
  2. I'm currently working with Udmurtia region. For 3 month I ask to correct Sep village instead of simple "village" as it's called today https://goo.gl/maps/1NaAdUjKDGH2. Guys, why you don't call London and not simply "city"? Probably because there are many "city", "vilage", etc.
  3. I ask to give names to 2 streets in this village for 3 months. There are 2 streets and you confirm my addresses of buildings, but don't give these streets names.
  4. I informed you in writing, in forum, by phone and did it many times, that the village occupies twicw as much space http://data3.floomby.com/files/share/13_1_2017/21/gJ5tPXiUyTbxgBF04ccA.jpg. No reaction again

I have a simple question, it was said that Russia is a priority for Google maps. As for actions I see that nothing changes in a small spot of 1 small district of 1 of Russian republics. Does this mean that I'd better go and don't bother you with silly small turistic points visited every year by foreign and Russian people? Maybe there's no need for working?

Sorry for emotions,

Artem Taranenko 

Izhevsk, республика Удмуртия, Россия
4 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Correction of names

Hello @ArtemT,

Thank for bringing these issue to our attention. We have notified the team about the boundaries and naming convention of Удмуртская Республика so we can make the necessary adjustments.

Regarding the road names, can you share with us the Google Maps link of those location? If you did these edit on Map Maker, please also send us the Map Maker link so we can investigate further.

Thank you very much

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages.
Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Level 2

Dear @GusMoreira, thanks a lot.

As for roads, the question is already solved thanks to +Sergey Sudakovskiy

Level 7

I hope your issue has been solve.

Level 2

No, it's still simply "village" 🙂 And Udmurt Republic is still the republic of Udmurtia 🙂