SyedZeeshan's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Correcting incorrectly drawn road

In my city Ongole, a new Bypass Highway was built. As usually i tried reporting using "Send feedback" but it allows me to only write text. The newly built road has lot of confusing lanes. However i explained in words but i know that the one who edit the map cannot understand it. So i drawn the correct map on a paper with neat lanes and one way directions. I also reported again with the GDrive link of map picture. I don't know whether those Google people are allowed to open links or not. That's why I'm posting the map pic and a pdf file here too.

Pic link. click here

pdf link: click here

Ongole, Andhra Pradesh, India
5 comments
Level 7

Re: Correcting incorrectly drawn road

I've done exactly that - in fact, linked to a Google Photos image of a prettily-drawn map. (I drew mine over the incorrect road).

I've seen Google people open the photo and look at it, too - so I can confirm that they can see the links and do open them.

Connect Moderator

Hi James,

I got your message with the details, but it is pretty late here so I will look at this again in the morning to see if I missed anything, as at this point I can see why feedback has not fixed the issue.  The rules that must be followed here are:

• divided roads that rejoin right at or near an intersection are to be continued through the intersection before they are rejioned
  • when entrances into parking lots, side streets, long driveways, etc. occur where there are two one ways but there is a portion where turns are allowed from either then they drawn across both one ways to allow access
  • short driveways such as yours are not added to the map, thus the solution immediately above does not apply

It is thus how this sort of situation is always handled.  I can think of one possibility but I'll have to explore it more in the morning.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 7

Thank you. The rules here are in contradiction with the actual road geometry, which causes, in this instance, poor driving instructions - so the question is whether rules that lead to incorrect driving instructions are the right ones, I suppose!

Level 7

Yeah. I can also confirm that they can open links and they watched my pic and drawn exactly as I drawn with little changes.

Happy to see that my idea worked.

This is the location: https://goo.gl/maps/HuMg5dtoCVr

You can see what I drawn on paper in link above in first post.

Anyways, thanks.

Level 8

I'm glad that it has been fixed and I really appreciate for you effort 🙂 @SyedZeeshan

Happy Guiding,
Jagadeesh Reddy.