VlLo's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Correct way to change/report wrong category?

There is type of objects inherited from previous versions where they used to be polygons as parks or woods, or camping grounds, cemeteries... This objects cannot be simply re-categorized!

i.e. https://goo.gl/lHZVOM - object is public beach - not park

Or https://goo.gl/G5VAzM - object is public beach - not beach resort

To Googlers out there!

How to change or report object that IS (i.e. beach) of one category to real category of object?

1 comment

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Correct way to change/report wrong category?

Hello,

At this time Google Maps only allows editing of the establishment subset of the categories.

However, even if we had access to multiple categories subsets, changing between subsets has never been possible.

At this time the process in Maps would be to delete recently added features that use the wrong category and to post long standing ones in this or the Maps forum so we can evaluate if they qualify to be escalated to be corrected.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Correct way to change/report wrong category?

Hello,

At this time Google Maps only allows editing of the establishment subset of the categories.

However, even if we had access to multiple categories subsets, changing between subsets has never been possible.

At this time the process in Maps would be to delete recently added features that use the wrong category and to post long standing ones in this or the Maps forum so we can evaluate if they qualify to be escalated to be corrected.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages