Ronnel's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Contact Numbers On Unclaimed Bank and Atm locations?

Hi guys have you ever came across a location where unclaimed banks have same contact number? Also i am not sure if ATM location should have contact numbers? I'm from Manila, Philippines and came across with this type of spam i am sure its a spam because not all banks have the same contact number, worst case is that it can be use to scam people believing they are talking to the bank personnel.

Thanks

Proud to be Pinoy!
9 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Contact Numbers On Unclaimed Bank and Atm locations?

Hello @Ronnel,

You did the right thing. Whenever you see a user who's spamming the map or trying to scam users through edits, feel free to flag it as "advertising or misinformation" as this goes to a special team who investigate these users. 

I'm also reaching out to you in private to collect more information on your case.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages.
Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

Hi @Ronnel, this is indeed an interesting point.

I'm moving your post in Mapping your world Board, where there is already some conversation about ATM

Level 6

thanks @ErmesT 

Proud to be Pinoy!
Connect Moderator

Level 6

ok so i just found out that the spammer dont just target banks, atm but also car dealers so i am guessing that his guy is a sales agent and offers car loan?

so what i did is that instead of just a thumbs down on the suggested phone number i flagged it as "This edit contains advertising or misinformation", do you think i am doing the right thing?

all the contact numbers are the same.

Proud to be Pinoy!
Level 8

Hi @Ronnel,

The contact numbers are for contacting support staff.  Like in situation your ATM card is not ejecting due to repeated wrong password, etc.  Or to call when the money is not coming out, I hope you get the  idea.

For branches of the same business group, some times they want to present the same phone number for customers to call.

Then when you have direct business relations with the branch, like have name cards of the individuals, then you can call the local branch directly.

So the baseline is, is the listed phone number really belongs to the said business?

Level 6

@YK1001 nope the contact number is from an individual called it and pretended to be looking for help with my ATM and also i dont think all banks have the same contact number anyway reported tons of those spams im just not sure how google deal with it but i find it again i will just have to report it again 😉

Proud to be Pinoy!
Level 8

Hi @Ronnelz

So it sounds. I mixed up different ATM of the same Bank having the same hotline VS ATM of different Banks having the same hotline number.

I am not sure for this situation.   As different Banks can join the same ATM network and the and the hotline might belong to the ATM network instead of individual member banks.

Of course, you will have local knowledge to determine if it is a normal setup on your region or not.

If you find the hijacking of phone number, websites, etc.  Please do report it.

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/About-Local-Guides/How-Do-I-Report-Content-on-Google-Maps/td-p...

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hello @Ronnel,

You did the right thing. Whenever you see a user who's spamming the map or trying to scam users through edits, feel free to flag it as "advertising or misinformation" as this goes to a special team who investigate these users. 

I'm also reaching out to you in private to collect more information on your case.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages.
Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Level 6

thanks to you guys

@YK1001

@GusMoreira

@ErmesT

Proud to be Pinoy!