LucioV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Check the facts: may replace review request to Regional Leads?

as Regional Lead did you never approved a review request on a place you didn't know personally? 

No, I did not.

There were different review options available.  The full approval was only to be used for items for which one had the personal knowledge.  And we also had a lot of other guidelines we were following to decide whether to approve or not at any level. 

This is exactly the same request we were used to do into mapmaker support board asking for verification. 

It is not the same, because as I already stated Check the Facts did not replace the RLs.

When people asked for others to "vote" for their feature on the Map Maker forum, we would post reminders there to only do so on items for which you had knowledge.

The requests were meant to be for RLs to process, and RLs were to follow rules about how they handled them, which included only full approving items for which you had personal knowledge.  Asking for people to "vote" in Maps is asking for people to do things for which they are not trained and monitored.

If Google meant for your edit to be published without proper checks then it would have published immediately.  A proper check is not to have people that have no knowledge about the feature say the edit is OK.  It does not matter if they trust you; your mapping trust level was already considered when the algorithms decided if this could be immediately approved or not.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 10

Ok I have to believe in your words, obviously I don't have any way to say it's true or false. 

Anyway, when you write aboytnRL are you talking is not a closed program?

Can you remember in official forum list of people asking for other user approvals? These threads had never been closed. 

My trusted level.... Yes, i can imagine my trusted level doesn't permit me to close a non existent restaurant near my home, but instantly approve an address change of a shop near providence 🙂

I think you are expecting too much from the trusted algorithm 🙂

Connect Moderator

@LucioVits a good ideas for check our nearby pending edits on maps .

But Local guides team is working on it , how to improve this pending edits review policy.

One of Our community hangouts we asked our LG moderator about this pending or new place rejection.

she told me that they are aware about this matter sooner they announce a feature or access for level 5 Local guides for review any pending edits.

We also asked about regional lead program , she told us no a planning about this RL program return.

Connect Moderator

@LucioV wrote:

Hi @MahmudPolash could you give it a try? Maybe with another check, this fact will be approved. 😉 

You have already been told this is not appropriate.  Please stop encouraging people to circumvent the rules.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Level 10

@GreggG wrote:

@LucioV wrote:

Hi @MahmudPolash could you give it a try? Maybe with another check, this fact will be approved. 😉 

You have already been told this is not appropriate.  Please stop encouraging people to circumvent the rules.

Sorry, the question is still open, I'm sure we need an official response from a googler. 

Connect Moderator

I can make both those types of edits, because I have a very high trust level earned over years of mapping.

Trust in a particular type of edit has to be built up over many edits, and does not give you trust in another type of edit.  The edits also need to be correct; if the reviewers denying your edit or approving but then fixing it, this would affect your trust level negatively.

Level 10

@ShafiulB wrote:

@LucioVits a good ideas for check our nearby pending edits on maps .

But Local guides team is working on it , how to improve this pending edits review policy.

One of Our community hangouts we asked our LG moderator about this pending or new pliace rejection.

she told me that they are aware about this matter sooner they announce a feature or access for level 5 Local guides for review any pending edits.

We also asked about regional lead program , she told us no a planning about this RL program return.

Thanks @ShafiulB I couldn't attend latest ho, happy to know that something is coming to help we lvl5 LG during update approvals. Also glad that RL program will not be resurrected, at this point peer approval approach seems a better option. 

Level 10

@GreggG wrote:

I can make both those types of edits, because I have a very high trust level earned over years of mapping.

Trust in a particular type of edit has to be built up over many edits, and does not g

@GreggG wrote:

Trust in a particular type of edit has to be built up over many edits, and does not give you trust in another type of edit.  The edits also need to be correct; if the reviewers denying your edit or approving but then fixing it, this would affect your trust level negatively.

ive you trust in another type of edit.  The edits also need to be correct; if the reviewers denying your edit or approving but then fixing it, this would affect your trust level negatively.

I'm pretty sure you have a 1000x trusted level, than mine. Anyway, my proposal is basically the same of asking for other users to confirm a change in mm, or posting into board asking a rl for verification, and I can ensure you that rl that didn't know my updates, approved without any questions. 

We are not here to make a "mine is bigger than yours"  post on mm edits or trust level, we are in LGC trying to find a solution for users that need update approval. 

Connect Moderator

Sorry, the question is still open, I'm sure we need an official response from a googler. 

The moderators here will not tell you they know something to be definite unless they have confirmed such things with Google.  The necessary levels of trust to edit and review have been something Google has been very clear about and has been discussed with the moderators of both this and the Map Maker forum many times.

The thread was already marked as answered since the appropriate answer was provided.  The fact that you do not like the answer does not mean it is unanswered and needs a Googler.

Level 10

@Flash please, let's wait for some words from @GusMoreira before declaring the question closed because answering to fact checks could break machine learning. Thanks, have a nice day.