PrijunK's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Check Fact - Official Webiste Confusion

@YK1001

Completely agree with one big catch22...

i.e. a shop claimed the mall's POI with positive reviews etc... address is the same, mall never claimed the poi... and Google does nothing for weeks after report...

I have reported in several weeks few falsely claimed POI's some quite sensitive in nature, some just complicated... Verification process should be somewhat more complicated or in several steps that require verification of "trusted" man on the spot...

Level 8

Your sample just reaffirmed my impression that GMB needs much harder and strict verification routines.

Whenever Malls or multi-tenant buildings are involved, they should have another verification path to prevent such issues.

Real world is full of variations and exceptions.  There is no single model that can fully represent our world.

Connect Moderator

@VlLo  What @YK1001 is stating is correct; only the business owners are to add social media pages.  The conversation you are recalling also included that information.  

To add some detail, while a business owner is permitted to add a social media page as the URL if is is under their control; that is only if there is no better feature.  If they regularly update their social media page but also have a website that they have not updated in quite some time; that webpage is still the better resource.

Mappers should not add social media pages or other third party websites, should remove them from unclaimed features, and for claimed features should leave them unless there is an actual webpage to add.

Google should just prevent LGs to edit Claimed Businesses, then it will be much easier for everyone.

The users of Maps are the one source to keep such feature up to date when owners neglect them or when owners do not follow the rules of the map.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 10

Thanks for clarification!

@Flash was/is always one of the most reliable sources of relevant data...

Please keep up the good work!

p.s. Is there a way to squeeze out of Googlers some new check up list of do's and don'ts? 

Connect Moderator

p.s. Is there a way to squeeze out of Googlers some new check up list of do's and don'ts? 

Google is aware that we need a new set of guidelines now that the Map Maker help files are offline; I would expect to see some in the future.  It has been confirmed with them that the rules of mapping have not changed; everything we learned from Map Maker remains in force, though of course just like in the past there will always be minor updates as we go along.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 10

It is not my intention to overcrowd this thread... But I'm just sick and tired of rectifying errors that could have been avoided...

LG's just to easy get trust...

And lack of real feedback and real guidelines helps the issue...

I've just spent 1/2 hour deleting poi's that shouldn't have been posted to begin with...

LG'S use Gmaps as they should use MyMaps... Placing objects i.e. "Ski slope no1(or 2) " of type "Ski resort" on meadow that has snow for 3 weeks in a year (at most), and has no infrastructure whatsoever!?!  Or "Tourist attraction open 24/7" on place of ruined cement factory!?

I remember I waited 6months for 1st acknowledged edit. I almost forgot that I made changes on maps.