PrijunK's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Check Fact - Official Webiste Confusion

When am checking facts , i see a lot of them have their facebook account as official website. Can facebook be considered the official website ? What should i do?

Your help is appreciated.

Thank You

Kathmandu, Central Development Region, Nepal
15 comments
Level 7

Re: Check Fact - Official Webiste Confusion

Dear @PrijunK

I think facebook account shouldn't be on maps but if they got fan page that will be fine. So I'll suggest you please check before make any decision. 

Happy contributing!

Level 10

Hy,

1. Official webpage should be under direct control of POI owner!

2. By default social webpages are not the best solution for official webpage but are tolerated if there is no better option.

3. Web-listings are a big NO-NO...

(Recap from moderation guidelines...)

Level 8

Thanks @VlLo for your suggestions.. i will keep that in mind...

Level 9

@PrijunK as my Knowledge we are not allowed to add social media pages or links in official website section. Lets see what our expert @JeslynL, @TraciC, @YanniY,
@TokyoJoe, @MariaBi, @Yohanad, @YK1001, @iyudhi, @Stafford says about this.

Pushpendra nepal Nepal Local Guide | My Contributions
Level 8

For the webpage, Owners can put their FB page for Business registered with Google MyBusiness.  Otherwise, it is not accepted. 

Level 9

@YK1001 can you provide more information about "Owners can put their FB page for Business registered with Google MyBusiness" what does this means??

Pushpendra nepal Nepal Local Guide | My Contributions
Level 8

Please consider this:

If it is a Business Page at FB, who can confirm if that page is controlled by the Business or not?  That is why we Local Guides cannot put this kind of website as the official website of the Business.

While with Google MyBusiness, the ownership of the Business is already verified.  That's why via the Google MyBusiness, Owner can enter their official website, and which links to shared business sites like FB are allowed in this case.

Level 10

@YK1001 @PushpendraKhadka

I'm just sad that no one of Google followed my suggestion on clarification of moderation Guidelines...

I was GMM for YEARS before even RL program started... had to use VPN and proxy to be able to access Google... 28,8, then 56,6 modem and ISDN connection at unreasonably high rates to even access it...

But the rules were clear and listed on GM and GMM help pages - now unavailable... and GMM forum now hardly available...

You might call me a liar but I clearly recollect that Google Moderators said what I said... paraphrasing...

"You are not here to promote 3rd party pages and commercial services, due to copyright issues it is not advisable to add links to outside sources, but when you stumble upon social page that is listed as a POI's primary webpage do not remove it unless there is better webpage under direct control of POI owner. If such exists it is even advisable to replace social webpage listing with it..."

So I suggest, You might use my abbreviated note as guideline or PLEASE Googlers, post one, don't hide behind moderators with insufficient data to comment...

Level 8

When Claimed Business is involved, it is unnecessarily complicated.

Google should just prevent LGs to edit Claimed Businesses, then it will be much easier for everyone.