nambiarkdas's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Changing taluk and village names

History of Arikkad

According to scholars ,in the ancient past one Rishi (a man of self realization) during one of his journeys visualized the tropical sanctity and divinity of this place and began worshipping Lord Mahavishnu in the form of Narasimha.The nearby residents , blessed with the spiritual residence of the saint and Lord ,constructed a holy full-fledged temple (Maha Kshetram) and started worshipping the deity in Narasimha form. Besides the Saivite effulgence, the powerful presence of goddess Durga also was worshipped here.
In course of time, when glory of the village declined, the temple also was discarded by the local devotees who fled away leaving the temple and idols.
The abode of Sri Hari (Mahavishnu) might have been known as Harikkad (forest housing Hari). It is possible that the name had undergone changes during passage of time to the presently known Arikkad situated at Pattithara Panchayat Ward No. 1 Palakkad District Kerala

harikad Narasimha Moorthy Temple, Pattithara, Kerala, India
1 comment
Level 8

Re: Changing taluk and village names

Hi @nambiarkdas How to add  or update town name in Google maps steps in this video#

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=83RQoXfd2Ho

Please refer the below images for how to submit

See the photo my village address with pincode you can see send buttonSee the photo my village address with pincode you can see send button

After i will go to help-send feedback- report missing village .I am mar my village area

Once after you submitted your feedback google will review and will do accordingly.

I Hope this helps you 🙂

Happy Guiding,
Jagadeesh Reddy.