Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Re: Change the Location Name on Google map

Sir I always follow Rules and regulations of Google what you are saying

Connect Moderator

@Rameez wrote:

Sir school name is Govt. Boys High School. And Devar Lolab is the street name. 

So I will ask you again, how does this differ from the school that is already mapped?

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 5

School is the other business and my business is different but near by school street

Level 5

Sir I already discussed in my first post that "Sever Thendi Pora " is the wrong location updated on map

Connect Moderator

Ok, then let's go over all the issues contributing here.

To begin, you need to never use all capitals on the map.  All names, addresses, etc. should use proper capitalization, not all capitals.

"Devar Lolab" is not a currently named street.  If you use a street name that does not exist on the map, it will not geocode.  You would need to start by submitting an edit to get the street properly named, and you will need to wait multiple weeks for the street to be named by Google.

After the street is properly named:

You have pointed out multiple times that this area is Sever Thendi Pora, but you are not using that in your address!  If you don't include the city/village in an address it is not going to geocode.

Addresses need to follow this format:

Street Number + Street Name, City Name, Province/State Name, Postal Code

If you do not have a Street Number that is normally fine.

Once the street is properly named you then need to use the address of:

Devar Lolab, Sever Thendi Pora, Jammu and Kashmir 193223

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Level 5

Sir that is my main problem as the sever thendi pora is incorrect location name updated on Google map but I did not choose it for my business

Level 5

Sir I used the procedure but still shows the error cannot added error is "Enter the Valid Address"

Connect Moderator

@Rameez wrote:

Sir that is my main problem as the sever thendi pora is incorrect location name updated on Google map but I did not choose it for my business

You have not mentioned a different village.  When asked where this is located, you provided that place name.

I will ask yet again, where are you actually located?!?!  What is your village name?

Connect Moderator

@Rameez wrote:

Sir I used the procedure but still shows the error cannot added error is "Enter the Valid Address"

You did not use that procedure.  The first stop of the procedure was to request an update to the street name and then wait for Google to update it.

Level 5

Sir I know better than you and you can not give me proper guide. I say I can't add the place on this location.  You are saying me first to update the street. Can't update it actually you are not understanding my problem