OnyedikaBenjaminJ's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Category

Selecting a Category for a place can be confusing sometimes, this can be fixed if there could be a short description attached to every category so local guides can know exactly what they are doing

Enugu, Nigeria
5 comments
Level 10

Re: Category

This will help but there are thousands of categories on Maps and even each language has also some different categories. So it will take many time to add description for all categories and still there might be not clear enough. But users can easily search the web for each category they want use so they will find many useful and complete articles about it and even can solve their doubt about using which one of two similar categories.

It was better to post this thread under Feedback section of the community. 

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
Level 9

@Amiran leave that to google, they have the best programmers, they can do it. I know they can, I use almost all of their products, so i know wat am asking for.

Level 10

Google has definitions for many/most of their categories -- and, I would think, in all languages. They were available in Map Maker when selecting a category for a new listing the Google definition would show when hovering (or mouse-over) on the category.  

Many definitions were simple, such as Air Conditioning Repair Service – "A person or establishment that repairs air conditioners.” and others were more specific, such as Medical Group – "An association of physicians, health care providers and sometimes offices or hospitals that are grouped together and under a specific insurance policy."

I don't know of any source that has those definitions -- and I agree it would be very helpful information to have access to.

Level 1

Oki I ll do this tell you perfectly what the doing

Level 1

I know very well in our coimbatore areas can sent the doubt I ll clear