Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Category not applied

Hi

Im getting really frustrated with this.

Category not applied.

Im trying to change a Bank to an ATM

Im standing in front of the machine, it has a picture and its called ATM Siam Commercial Bank

But my category suggestion is not applied.

Please dont suggest re submitting and checking the information because I have done it more than 30 times!

Any Ideas?

Thailand
24 comments
Level 7

Re: Category not applied

We might could help more if we could see this place on Google Maps.  Would you post a weblink to it?

Level 10

https://www.google.co.za/maps/place/ATM+%E0%B8%98%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A3%E0%B9...

@sputnikjim wrote:

We might could help more if we could see this place on Google Maps.  Would you post a weblink to it?

Level 10

@sputnikjim

Yes I know its in Thai. I am also trying to add the English Name but I also get the Not applied response when I put the English name in

Level 10

Try once at a time. For some reason the API tends to get upset when it has a lot to do all at once, so go through each particular edit individually.

Otherwise, for trying to get the simplest edits done, there seems to be a current underlying problem that's making Google Maps reject the majority of legitimate edits. In these cases the API would advise that these edits would be reviewed. Now none of them are. Hopefully we'll come to a fix sooner or later.

Level 10

@Briggs wrote:

Try once at a time. For some reason the API tends to get upset when it has a lot to do all at once, so go through each particular edit individually.

Otherwise, for trying to get the simplest edits done, there seems to be a current underlying problem that's making Google Maps reject the majority of legitimate edits. In these cases the API would advise that these edits would be reviewed. Now none of them are. Hopefully we'll come to a fix sooner or later.

Thanks for the advice. Yes I have tried numerous permutations. I have tried editing only language 1, as well as language 2. Also tried the category on its own, editing the telephone number etc.

The only edit that was successful was I moved the map marker slightly.

I guess I will be patient and see if this resolves in the future.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Level 9

@Mjyates wrote:

@Briggs wrote:

Thanks for the advice. Yes I have tried numerous permutations. I have tried editing only language 1, as well as language 2. Also tried the category on its own, editing the telephone number etc.

The only edit that was successful was I moved the map marker slightly.

I guess I will be patient and see if this resolves in the future.

Thanks for the suggestions.

@Mjyates @sputnikjim

Check out the business profile carefully, I think it's claimed POI. It's not easy /possible to change any information of any claimed POI. Only the person who claim it can update the latest information.

Let me know if I'm wrong.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Connect Moderator

Anyone can edit the map; a claim on a feature just makes them a trusted editor for that feature but does not give them control.

Places have multiple categories, but you can only see and edit one in Maps.  If this place already has both the Bank and ATM category applied to it, and you try to change Bank to ATM, it is likely to fail due to it being a duplicate category.

Please instead submit "Other Feedback/App Feedback" for the feature if you are unable to change it via a regular edit.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 8

@Briggs

I know nobody likes a smart-**s, LOL,  but I noticed that you refer to the Google systems of bots with their algorithms as the API. An API is something completely different. Google Maps has an API that allows other applications and websites to directly access its User Interface and call for certain filtered data. This API portal allows, for example, to have the Google Maps on Local Guides Connect put the map pointers of people that geotag their post.

Level 10

@Flash

Thanks for the suggestions. Im not sure the Bank/ATM theory holds water. The thing is the POI I am trying to change will not accept any edit at all. These are Dual language POI s and my main objective is having the Bank / ATM in Thai and English. Even if I try to edit the name in Thai, it is not applied. The name is the same that I have applied a hundred times before so I know its correct. It seems to be that I cannot edit any POI of that particular bank IE Siam Commercial Bank. Im having a similar problem with another POI Boonthavorn is the name. Ive edited  numerous locations but some just will not apply, even though the information is exactly the same.

Is that plausible?