PatrickKalinowski's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Category doctors office

Hi,

I'm looking for a category, but can't seem to find it. In Belgium we have doctors offices shared by several doctors. These doctors are mostly primary medical doctors or family doctors as they might be known in English, "huisarts" in Dutch. If no such category exists, how can I request it ?

Thank you in advance !

4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Category doctors office

Hello,

I'm not sure what language you are wanting to use, so I will point you to some already properly categorized POIs and you can view them in your desired language to see what Google is using.

Each doctor gets what is referred to as a professional listing.  While most people cannot be "mapped", certain professions qualify as people often known which professional they seek but might not know the name of the practice.  Some appropriate categories include:

There is also many categories for different specialties, but these match what you seek.  Not that a professional listing should only have the name of the professional in the name field, just as seen in these examples.

The practice itself then also gets a listing.  It should have the name of the practice only with no doctor's names in it.  Example categories are:

The second category is specific to places that do not require appointments or even that you are a previous patient.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hello,

I'm not sure what language you are wanting to use, so I will point you to some already properly categorized POIs and you can view them in your desired language to see what Google is using.

Each doctor gets what is referred to as a professional listing.  While most people cannot be "mapped", certain professions qualify as people often known which professional they seek but might not know the name of the practice.  Some appropriate categories include:

There is also many categories for different specialties, but these match what you seek.  Not that a professional listing should only have the name of the professional in the name field, just as seen in these examples.

The practice itself then also gets a listing.  It should have the name of the practice only with no doctor's names in it.  Example categories are:

The second category is specific to places that do not require appointments or even that you are a previous patient.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 8

20170615_062059.png20170615_062013.pngScreenshot_20170615-062217.jpg

Tu trouves pas ton bonheur?

Swiss | Switzerland | Suisse francophone Level 8 : visitez moi Ne passez pas à coté d'un J'AIME et marquer les réponses comme solution. Android|Jean-Luc|Suisse romande|Switzerland french speaking area|Google Maps Local Guide Level 8 https://goo.gl/maps/HuzFUEBbgtt
Level 5

Thank you both for your answers Flash and Lémanique !

I'm setting the category in English as my Google Maps, Google account and Android are set to English as default language.

I think Medical Clinic will fit best. Whether a patient requires an appointment or is able to walk-in unannounced is, I guess, different in each country or maybe even region. An appointment is preferred but, walk-ins are still possible in most family practice physicians (group) offices. In the past each doctor or family practice physician had it's own office. But these day lots of them seem to work together. Probably to share the cost of a reception, building, ...

Regards

Patrick

Level 8

The list of categories for adding doctors on Google Maps is very limited.The list of categories for adding doctors on Google Maps is very limited.@FlashI was also about to add an Ear, Nose, Throat - Head & Neck Surgery doctor (ENT-HNS) when I found out that the available categories are currently very limited. As a former Map Maker contributor, I know there used to be much more. What's left is very specific and they don't really apply to what I want to add. Do we know what happened here? What's the right category now for adding doctors like these with specific specialties?