jhvvekariya's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Category and Sub-Catregory in Google Map

Hello LG Guys,

While we are adding to new place in google we have realized that category which is available in google map is not adequate and hence LG can't add some places so we would request to Google Moderator to work on it.

Jayesh Vekariya
8 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Category and Sub-Catregory in Google Map

Hello @jhvvekariya,

Editing is only permitted on a specific subset of the categories.  Often when an edit is unavialable or does not exist this can mean that it is not a feature that can be mapped.  Alternatively, it might just be that you have not notice the appropriate category.  If you are unsure if something can be mapped, please make a post that includes the place's name, address, phone number, website, GPS coordinates and a description of what type of place it is, and then the experienced mapper can advise you.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 8

@Flash Thanks flash i will surely share the information.

Jayesh Vekariya
Level 9

Hi @jhvvekariya,

I can share currently available categories with you. 

@Flash is this correct information or fake? 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Connect Moderator

That is a list from 2009 of what was available at that time in Google My Business, not Maps.  It should not be relied upon.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Level 10

Great! @jhvvekariya , I have the same problem

Level 10

Hello Flash

Often when searching for “restaurants”, I miss out on “ diners, bistros, grills etc”. 

Same for bars vs pubs 

My suggestion: a Category for a broader group eg “Places of worship” then sublists of Temple, Church, Mosque, Synagogue etc. 

Similar for Tourist Attractions....

regards

Vincent

(@Vinvan)

Connect Moderator

Hello @Vinvan,

There are already broader categories and then more specific ones, and the search function does consider them.

In addition there are more than one category on a feature; however at this time in Maps you can only see and edit the primary category.

Level 10

Hi @jhvvekariya,

You can always find a category that indicates the market or business corporate segment.

Form more precise details there's Website link; nothing better of it.......