LStefanoL's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Cannot report construction zones

You may have noticed that after enabling traffic visualization construction zones (road works) may appear.

roadw.png

It seems there's no way to report the wrong ones though.

8 comments
Level 8

Re: Cannot report construction zones

As far as I know, those are added with a collaboration with Waze app. They make the reports from the Waze app and Google Maps get the update. It's a free app and also works as GPS.

Luis Hernández - Querétaro, México. Queretaro Local Guides
Level 8

Hi @LStefanoL@LuisHM,

As per discussion I read at Mapmaker forum, the "reporting road as under construction" is no longer accepted via MapMaker.

Please see the threads for details:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/map-maker/tvqpCC79WWA

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/map-maker/BYHo8m6cD7I;context-place=topicsearchin/map...

Level 8

@YK1001 wrote:

As per discussion I read at Mapmaker forum, the "reporting road as under construction" is no longer accepted via MapMaker.

Yup, I know MapMaker is being obsoleted, that's why i asked here. 😉

Level 8

Hi @LStefanoL,

As part of the graduration of Mapmarker, Road editing is being added to Maps.  But it is still work in progress and as usual, Google do not pre-announce what Road editing sub-features will be exactly available, thus no one knows if the Road-Construction status will be there or not.

Do you know why Mapmarker stop accepting edits for Road-Construction status?  Due to software bug or policy concerns?  I asked as I guees, if it was due to software bug, then doing it in Maps will be a fresh restart.  But if it is due to policy concerns, having it added to Maps seems unlikely to me.

Level 10

Hi,

The only way is to send a feedback directly form the maps with short desription why this information is not a true.

Regards,

Jacek

Google Diamond Product Expert - Maps, Business Profile, Earth, Gmail, Accounts | Street View Trusted Photographer | Local Guide | retired: Map Maker Help Forum Top Contributor & Poland RER/RL
Level 8

@Jacek NK wrote:

The only way is to send a feedback directly form the maps with short desription why this information is not a true.

You mean via the generic feedback tool? A screenshot?

By the way i confirm it's an old Waze indication: it's been there for more than a year already.
Also there's no way to report it via Waze too. What a mess!

Level 10

Yes. Generic feedback from app or website. In Waze it's better send a post about such problem on Waze forum.

Regards,

Jacek

Google Diamond Product Expert - Maps, Business Profile, Earth, Gmail, Accounts | Street View Trusted Photographer | Local Guide | retired: Map Maker Help Forum Top Contributor & Poland RER/RL
Level 8

@YK1001, Google Map Maker stop accepting this kind of operation for, unfortunately both spammer abusing power and bug in the internal code.

Since a lot of engienners of this product move out of Google.

Cheers, Marc-André Beauchamp -- Google Top Contributor / Level 5 / Regional Leads / Google Ambassador