RichMcLoughlin's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Can't add review

Hi, 

I can't add a review to https://www.google.com/maps/place/Waterside+Park,+Stamford,+CT+06902/@41.0432895,-73.5450469,20.07z/....

There is no option to add review or edit. Can this be fixed? This is a public park, not a road or a border or a private residence or any of the other categories of things that cannot be reviewed.

Thanks,

Rich

Waterside Park, Stamford, CT, USA
3 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Can't add review

Hello @RichMcLoughlin,

While many features cannot have pictures added, you will sometimes come across one that you know normally can have pictures added but in this case seems to not be accepting them.  Normally you will also notice that they are polygon features, and as @Csaba said that means they were added as a polygon instead of a point.  This is incorrect and needs to be fixed.  For the particular issue of a feature that was added as a polygon but which should have been added as a point along with a nameless polygon please see the solution posted here.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

View solution in original post

Level 10

Hi @RichMcLoughlin, in maps, there are some features that have been added as areas. Such as parks, building foot prints, townships etc. They cannot be edited, photos cannot be directly added to them and reviews cannot be written either. Such "features" can only be added to point-like places. This park seems to have been added like this vector feature as well (and originally its outline drawn in mapmaker or by Googlers). Unfortunately there is nothing to "fix" here as it works as designed (no matter we like it or not).

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hello @RichMcLoughlin,

While many features cannot have pictures added, you will sometimes come across one that you know normally can have pictures added but in this case seems to not be accepting them.  Normally you will also notice that they are polygon features, and as @Csaba said that means they were added as a polygon instead of a point.  This is incorrect and needs to be fixed.  For the particular issue of a feature that was added as a polygon but which should have been added as a point along with a nameless polygon please see the solution posted here.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 8

Hi @Flash and @Csaba,

Thanks for your input. I found a similar solution in another post. @Flash's solution is more detailed though. I need to read this solution a few times and possibly turn it into a numbered set of instructions so I can do this every time I encounter one of these areas. 

A bonus of doing this is that it gives the person an opportunity to be the first reviewer or photographer and get extra points!

Thanks,

Rich