fomm's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Can't add photo to a location while others can.

There is no button to add photo for this park but you can see there are 9 photos already. https://goo.gl/UlbySb

Can anyone please tell me how to add photos for this type of location?

Thank you.

Wattle Grove Reserve, McKinnon, Victoria, Australia
4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Can't add photo to a location while others can.

Dear @ShafiulB, @fomm, I'm sorry to tell you that, even if your suggestion seems to work, in fact the photos added in this way, and not related to any Point Of Interest, are visible only to you, but not in Maps to all the users.
And more, for this kind of photos the sharing function is missing.
This way to add photo can be used only to build a personal album. If this is what you want to do, my suggestion is to use MyMaps, in which you can load your own photos in every position.
You can share a maps made with MyMaps, and who have the link can also see the photos you added in it. With MyMaps you can also add to every photo a comment, or a link.
You can also manage everything in a nice database, to rename places, or to order it.

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

@fomm Hi !!

This is a Map Maker edits .. there are so many places like this on maps .

There is a way to add photos like this maps location .

Go to your Phone Gallery  >  mark this place related photos > click on share button > select Maps > Search this place by name > after select submit your photos.

Then you will see your photos into this location.

Happy Guiding !!!

Level 8

@ShafiulB

Thanks very much for your prompt reply. Your solution work flawlessly. 

Connect Moderator

@LiY wrote:

@ShafiulB

Thanks very much for your prompt reply. Your solution work flawlessly. 

Hi @fomm I am so happy to help you !!

Happy Guiding !!

cheers !!

Connect Moderator
Solution

Dear @ShafiulB, @fomm, I'm sorry to tell you that, even if your suggestion seems to work, in fact the photos added in this way, and not related to any Point Of Interest, are visible only to you, but not in Maps to all the users.
And more, for this kind of photos the sharing function is missing.
This way to add photo can be used only to build a personal album. If this is what you want to do, my suggestion is to use MyMaps, in which you can load your own photos in every position.
You can share a maps made with MyMaps, and who have the link can also see the photos you added in it. With MyMaps you can also add to every photo a comment, or a link.
You can also manage everything in a nice database, to rename places, or to order it.