Chister's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Can't add hotline (short) number, not even confirm it while checking facts

Can't add hotline (short) number, not even confirm it while checking facts as per photos

Screen Shot 2017-08-25 at 10.43.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-25 at 10.53.56 AM.png

Egypt
25 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Can't add hotline (short) number, not even confirm it while checking facts

Hi @Chister can you do it without the country code?

This may vary from region to region but in Australia I can add a number like 13 1234 

Regards Paul

Level 3

@PaulPavlinovich wrote:

Hi @Chister can you do it without the country code?

This may vary from region to region but in Australia I can add a number like 13 1234 

Regards Paul

I tried without country code but it's not accepting it even though there are some places on Google Maps already with hotline number both with and without country code

Connect Moderator

It may be a regional restriction then @Chister. It is possible (I'm making a guess) that the other places with a hotline number put it there themselves using Google My Business which may not have the same restrictions.

Level 3

I believe they're not because some of them were showing to me in facts changing number from mobile to hotline or from hotline with country code to hotline without country code. I checked couple of them and I check found "claim my business" option which clearly indicates it's not added using Google My Business

Connect Moderator

I have no other guesses to make @Chister maybe our Maps guru @Flash can help?

Connect Moderator

Hello,

As this is a mapping question, I've moved this to the mapping forum.

When you add a phone number to a feature it is to be the phone number for that feature.  Call centres are specifically not permitted.  Each place needs it own unique phone number; it is one of the main items used to identify a place and let the system know it is not a duplicate of location.  For that reason such phone numbers are not supported.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 8

Is ATM an exception regarding the unique phone number requirement?

Some chain shops that accept phone ordering only publish the Ordering number for all of its shops.  So in theory this Ordering number should not be added to a particular POI, is that a correct interpretation? 

Level 8

Hi @Chister,

Can you try using Desktop Maps to add the same number?

Connect Moderator

ATMs being on the map in the first place are an exception to the rules.  Unstaffed businesses cannot be mapped; except for some very specific exceptions such as ATMs and express mail boxes.  Since they have no staff to help the customer they can only be mapped if a contact number for support is included.

Can you try using Desktop Maps to add the same number?

@Chister, please do not try this, as trying to find workarounds to add information that shouldn't be on the map puts your account and trust level in danger.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages