BusyBee's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Can't add a similar named location near to the original

I've already mapped a Church Hall that is next door to the Church to which it belongs but the Church mapping is now missing.  When I try to re-map the Church, my approved listing is for the Hall and not the Church.  Both have similar but different names and both are in different categories.  How can I get the church back on the map so that I can add my photos back to the mapping?  It doesn't matter how I map the church - it keeps coming back with an Approval for the Church Hall that is as an independent location next door to the Church.  I've now had 5 approvals for the Church Hall!

LG1.JPG

Monk Fryston, United Kingdom
5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
Solution

Re: Can't add a similar named location near to the original

@BusyBee  It looks like you have run into that area of what qualifies for a separate listing.  If I had to guess they accepted the change as going from church to church hall. I assume there is a different entrance but the usage is similar and probably the same phone number. The definition of two separate location listings at the same location are they need to be separate entities and doing separate things.  I would go back to church and add photos of the hall since it is part of the main activity myself.  But I have have not edited any similar listings.  The other extreme is large universities with a lot of buildings. That gets easier since they all have different addresses, but naming convention is not la always clear. If you post a link to the exact listing seeing the location could help with a more informed opinion.  Here is a good example a church that has a meeting hall in basement, church, preschool and grade school.   I do not know if the school is closed or not.

View solution in original post

Level 9
Solution

@BusyBee  It looks like you have run into that area of what qualifies for a separate listing.  If I had to guess they accepted the change as going from church to church hall. I assume there is a different entrance but the usage is similar and probably the same phone number. The definition of two separate location listings at the same location are they need to be separate entities and doing separate things.  I would go back to church and add photos of the hall since it is part of the main activity myself.  But I have have not edited any similar listings.  The other extreme is large universities with a lot of buildings. That gets easier since they all have different addresses, but naming convention is not la always clear. If you post a link to the exact listing seeing the location could help with a more informed opinion.  Here is a good example a church that has a meeting hall in basement, church, preschool and grade school.   I do not know if the school is closed or not.

Level 7

@davidcox Thanks for you reply and I understand what you are meaning.  Both of the buildings are separate and have their own entrances but yes - they share the same website and phone numbers.  I will attempt to edit the Hall description and reposition it to the location of the church to which it is adjoining.  At least if that is successful I will have the Church back on the map and I will try to deal with the Hall at a later date.  Once again - thanks for your advice.

Level 7

This worked out Ok - I've now got the Church back with its proper description and location plus images.  Just need to deal with the Hall now!

@BusyBee wrote:

@davidcox Thanks for you reply and I understand what you are meaning.  Both of the buildings are separate and have their own entrances but yes - they share the same website and phone numbers.  I will attempt to edit the Hall description and reposition it to the location of the church to which it is adjoining.  At least if that is successful I will have the Church back on the map and I will try to deal with the Hall at a later date.  Once again - thanks for your advice.

Connect Moderator

Both of the buildings are separate and have their own entrances but yes - they share the same website and phone numbers.

Then they only qualify for one POI on the map.

POIs are not per building, but per establishment.  The only way the hall of a church would qualify for its own listing would be if it met the requirements for a department, which means that it should have it's own space, own staff, and most importantly it's own phone number.  If the hall has the same phone number and (presumably) the same staff then it is not a separate department and should not have its own POI.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 7

@Flash  Ah!  Ok - and thank you for that - I'll include my images of the Hall along with the Church.