Semmy-de-Nada's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Camel Safari in Desert - Wrong Location

@GusMoreira

I would need help to speed up this address correction.

I just added 3 360º Fotos for this Camel safari (Foto Link 360) in the dunes of Maspalomas, a signature nature reserve area where I used to live 6 years. The Google Map Entry is wrongly labelled with an address of BARCELONA (how was that possible?)

https://goo.gl/maps/dCu15awvMhS2

The address is clearly visible on their website that is already correctly listed on that entry:
http://www.camellosafari.com/

Paseo charca Maspalomas S/N.

Gran Canaria, Islas Canarias, España

The correct ZIP code is 35100

Quirky storyteller and traveling crime novel writer. GLBTQ+ come follow me and check www.semmy.eu
11 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: Camel Safari in Desert - Wrong Location

@Nigam this is a pointless discussion. We are called LOCAL guides because we are ON SITE, LOCAL - we do not need to be citizens or whatever you think I was pointing out. You just need to be at a real place in order to edit and improve it. I have no time for this discussion where you trying to tell me that I am *not* intelligent and do not get *your* point.

This not about being right or wrong here. This is about editing a place with the correct information - based on REAL RESEARCH.

In the end I will solve it as I did solve in the last several months by GOING PHYSICALLY to the location getting in touch with the owner, get the verification process started and once they are confirmed owners in Google Maps then correcting the address and location.

If several "local guides" that never have visited a Google Maps location in order to help update it, how would THEY know that GOOGLE is correct? Google is *NOT* know all-knowing, that is why they need local people to verify and edit information.

This is the last post I will do on this and will close this case now.

Quirky storyteller and traveling crime novel writer. GLBTQ+ come follow me and check www.semmy.eu

View solution in original post

Level 7

You want us to mark it spam?

Or move it to the new location?

@Semmy-de-Nada wrote:

@GusMoreira 

I would need help to speed up this address correction.

I just added 3 360º Fotos for this Camel safari in the dunes of Maspalomas, a signature nature reserve area where I used to live 6 years. The Google Map Entry is wrongly labelled with an address of BARCELONA (how was that possible?)

https://goo.gl/maps/dCu15awvMhS2

The address is clearly visible on their website that is already correctly listed on that entry:
http://www.camellosafari.com/

The correct ZIP code is 35100

Level 8

@Nigam it is NOT Spam, it is a real location, but the location is wrong, it is entered as Barcelona,
but it is in the Canary Islands.

See the updated links above now as well.

THE LOCATION Marker is correct, but the written address is not correct, they used latitude values to enter it.

Level 7

Camello Safari
27°44'25. 15°35'41., Carrer 6, 6, 08040 Barcelona, Las Palmas, Spain
+34 928 76 07 81

https://goo.gl/maps/fG6ikLCdNux

Here i have updated it

Just edit and put in the address :

near Calle Oceanía, 13, 35100 San Bartolomé de Tirajana, Las Palmas, Spain

I already have done it

If you do then it will be expected sooner

@Semmy-de-Nada wrote:

@Nigam it is NOT Spam, it is a real location, but the location is wrong, it is entered as Barcelona,
but it is in the Canary Islands.

See the updated links above now as well.

THE LOCATION Marker is correct, but the written address is not correct, they used latitude values to enter it.

Level 8

@Nigam

Why dont you use the correct address??

It is listed on www.camellosafari.com

and reads like this:

The correct Zip code is 35100 and the town is called Maspalomas

In the Canary Islands there are a lot of addresses listed WITHOUT streetnumbers
and listed as "S/N" - sin numero, without numbers

now if you added yet ANOTHER address that slows down the process even more.

I know you are trying to help , but this needs to be brought to attention from some Google Moderator like @GusMoreira

Level 8

@Nigam it would also only make sense if another Google Guide confirms the correct address that is ON LOCATION

no some other Google guide far away another part of the world 🙂 Quote

Level 7

I sure do understand your feelings

But did you try searching for that address​?

Its not a legitimate address thats given on the website

I tried searching but no results

Like i did first word thats Maspalomas Pond Walk

Even this has no meaning in the map

So i simply took the coordinates from the location and edited the address

Level 7

It doesn't need to be a near one.

We find a problem we roport thats what we do.

I do not need to be a citizen of that place to edit that places mistakes on the map.

Level 8

@Nigam that is exactly the problem if you are NOT A LOCAL, you do not understand the workings of a local place, again I appreciate your help, but the address IS Correct and I know all those street names and road names they are listed in Google Maps correctly.

The Spanish address system is messy at times, the marker of the place IS correct, but the printed address in the Google Maps entry is wrong, HENCE Barcelona needs to be replaced by Maspalomas, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria

Our 7 island group of the Canary Islands have different zones and are grouped into different municipalities and are governed by categories not easily understandable for someone who is not living here, HENCE this is why I tell people that if you are not a LOCAL guide of a place where you have been PHYSICALLY been, don't edit something.

I would never edit something in a country I have never been, how could I know it is accurate? That is the whole idea behind a local guide.

Level 7

The thing is you dont get my point.

Its not about local or anything

Its about intelligence

Suppose an area of 10 sq km is named as a

Now a marker is placed to the right not at centre

I can go to the centre put a pin there get its address (as you know google will give the exact one exact longitude latitude and all)

Now i can move the right marker to centre with that address ryt?

I just gave a more accurate address to it as that address was not searchable in google

Now you can't put something thats not there how will people search.

Your problem was thats its Barcelona i did try to solve that.

But you want the address of the website 

Thats where i dnno how to help yaa here you can say local and all.

But if you are clever enough you can simply get address of that place by putting a marker and just edit the address of the original place