PushpendraKhadka's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Business Claimed by Other

Hello friends,

I need some help regarding feature claimed by some other. There was a Mall in town, with lots of photos and reviews. And there was restaurant inside this mall, they claimed mall as their business and they changed name, category, phone information.  When we search the mall it shows the restaurant. And there is another feature with few reviews of restaurant.   We changed it but frequently they can change it coz it it verified business. What can we do in these case?

need expert suggestion @TraciC, @YK1001, @Flash@ErmesT@LuisRG

Pushpendra nepal Nepal Local Guide | My Contributions
6 comments
Level 8

Re: Business Claimed by Other

@PushpendraKhadka it will be better it you post the location of the place along with screenshots. 

If I am right you are talking about Labim Mall. 

Level 9

@NirajBhusal First I want to know the solutions, then only I will try to post screenshots. If we need to post the screenshots or business name then I will provide detail information. Niraj we are discussing on this feature on our hangout.

Connect Moderator

Hello,

It sounds like you are most likely referring to a merge of two features.  It probably is not intentional, rather this often happens if a store within a mall included the mall name in their name.

You should not try to correct a merge yourself, it's impossible to do as the feature now has all the data feeds of both places into it and truly represents both places.  It might even have two different GMB owners if both features had been claimed before the merge.

Only Google can straight out a bad merge; it requires being able to see and manipulate the behind the scenes data.  Even with that ability it can take a long time to fix a bad merge.  If you can provide the details then I will escalate it for you.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 9

@Flash No I am not referring to a merge of two features.

previously there was a feature mall. One restaurant claimed it as my business. Now they changed the mall as restaurant. Mall has many reviews and photos. So the restaurant change the name and category of mall to their favor. in this case what can we do?

Connect Moderator

@PushpendraKhadka,

What you describe is exactly what a bad merge looks like.

The issues you are having when trying to correct it is exactly the issues you'll have if there is a bad merge.

Unless you are the one that claimed an incorrect business, there is no way for you to externally determine what has happened.  This needs to be escalated; constantly try to fix it yourself will just create a mess that will make it take even longer for Google to fix it when they get involved.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 9

@Flash, sorry for my poor English. I can not make you understand the problem.

Problem is.

- There was a Mall feature in Map with name. Labim Mall. https://goo.gl/maps/iT7fvkc8UpN2

- There is another feature inside this Mall with name Roadhouse Pizzeria https://goo.gl/maps/qwKMuRwGds72

- The mall is claimed by pizzeria because it has lots up reviews and photos. Now they are verified by Google business. as they claimed it.

- They changed the name, category, phone of labim mall to Roadhouse Pizzeria.

- In this case what can we do? you can check the feature with url above. if you scroll down some review you will see the reviews for labim mall. The reviews and photos belongs to labim mall not to Roadhouse pizzeria.